As women, we long for a slim figure with defined curves.
One of the areas that we worry about the most us our glutes and the cellulite that forms around them and our legs.
In general, most women want well-toned, full glutes. However, this can turn out to be a very difficult job.
It’s important to know that, as with all exercise, it’s important to have a balanced diet.
Completely avoid saturated fats and anything that helps the formation of cellulite and fat in the glutes. This is the best way to compliment your exercises.
Let’s take a look at them!
How do you exercise your glutes correctly?
Your glutes aren’t just one muscle. In fact, they’re composed of three muscles.
Therefore, you should choose an exercise that works one at a time. We’ll explain more.
The glutes are divided into 3 muscles: the gluteos maximus, gluteos medius, and gluteos minimus.
- Gluteus maximus is the name of the largest muscle.
- The gluteus medius is above the gluteos maximus.
- The gluteus minimus is found below, at the very bottom of the gluteus maximus. It’s in charge of giving the round form characteristic of the glutes.
Doing random exercises does not assure us that you’re exercising all 3 muscles.
Because of this, it is fundamental to work these muscles at the same time to get the most stimulation possible. This way, you will obtain the fastest results.
Want to know more: 9 tips to increase the glutes in an intelligent way
Exercises to get bigger glutes quickly
This is the exercise which is most known for getting bigger glutes quickly. There are infinite ways to do effective squats.
What we recommend is that you do squats without weights and then little by little add them to exert more pressure on the muscles.
- The correct manner to do a squat is to stand up straight, preferable with legs spread far apart.
- Bend the knees without extending over the ends of the toes, while you extend your hips slightly towards the back.
- Lower yourself as far as possible and come back up.
- The best way is to repeat this movement 10 times and do 5 reps.
If you feel that you’re exerting force on your legs, spread your legs farther apart. This will allow the glutes to do more work.
2. Sumo squats
This exercise is perfect to tone the interior muscles of the glutes.
You can do this with weights on both sides, with a dumbbell, with one weight or a weight located directly between the separated legs.
- Stand up straight, with the back straight and spread the legs.
- Bend your knees until they’re horizontal. Then, with the help of the weight, lower yourself.
- Ideally, you should feel pressure in the glutes when you lower yourself, which is which we are aiming for.
- Do this 10 times for 5 reps.
3. Squats with a jump
This is a variation of the squat. The difference is that the moment you get up, your knees stretch out and you jump.
Spring into a jump, rest for 10 seconds and go back down and continue for 5 minutes.
Visit this article: 7 reasons why you should do squats every day
This exercise is one of the most effective and gets great results.
- Stand erect, with the back straight and simulate taking a step, stretching your leg in front of you.
- Use a weight or a dumbbell and hold it in your arms.
- Bend your knees, go down and get up again without changing your position.
- Do 5 times and then 10 reps.
5. Dead weight
This is excellent to work the lower part of the glutes. You can do this with or without weights. However, it’s recommendable to use weights or dumbbells.
- Raise your hips toward your back, bending your legs slightly.
- Maintain this posture for a few seconds and then let go.
It’s important that when you come back to this position, you start to contract your glutes. This is what makes the exercise effective.
- If you use weights, we recommend that they’re located in front of you, with arms stretched out or at the ribs.
- Do these in series 5 for 10 or 15 reps.
Now that you have the 5 best exercises to get bigger glutes quickly, give them a try!