Five Exercises to Build Bigger, Stronger Glutes
These exercises to build stronger glutes should be a part of your workout for better results. Have you ever done any? Continue reading to find out what they’re about.
However, if you want a firm, toned, and attractive glutes, you need a good exercise routine. Furthermore, to help you with this, you can consult with a professional trainer.
Remember that perseverance and dedication are key to getting results. So, the more regular your exercise routine is, the better results you will get. There’s no point in putting in an afternoon and not getting back at it for a week or a month.
How do you exercise your glutes correctly?
Your glutes aren’t just one muscle. In fact, they’re composed of three muscles. Therefore, you should choose an exercise that works one at a time. So, we’ll explain more.
The glutes are divided into 3 muscles: the gluteus maximus, gluteus medius, and gluteus minimus.
- The largest muscle of the three and the one that determines the general size of your glutes is called the gluteus maximus
- The gluteus medius is above the gluteus maximus
- The gluteus minimus is found below, at the very bottom of the gluteus maximus. It’s in charge of giving the round form of the glutes
Doing random exercises doesn’t assure you’re exercising all 3 muscles. Because of this, it’s fundamental to work all three of these muscles during your exercise routine. This way, you’ll obtain the fastest results.
Want to know more? How to Tone Your Glutes the Smart Way
Exercises to build bigger, stronger glutes
These are some of the best exercises to get bigger glutes easily. Incorporate them into your routine and combine them with a good cardio session for better results.
1. Leg raises
This is excellent to work the lower part of the glutes. Similar to the other exercises, you can do this with or without weights. However, it’s recommendable to use ankle weights.
- Firstly, starting on your hands and knees, raise one leg toward the ceiling, making sure your leg is bent
- Maintain this posture for a few seconds and then let go. It’s important that when you come back to the starting position, you contract your glutes. This is what makes the exercise effective
- Then, if you use a weight, place it in front of you, with your arms outstretched or by your sides
- Finally, do 5 sets of 10 to 15 reps
This is the most well-known exercise for getting bigger glutes quickly. There are infinite ways to do effective squats.
What we recommend is that you do squats without weights. Then, little by little, add them to exert more pressure on the muscles.
- The correct manner to do a squat is to stand up straight, preferably with legs spread far apart
- Bend the knees without extending over the ends of the toes, while you extend your hips slightly towards the back
- Lower yourself as far as possible and come back up
- The best way is to repeat this movement 10 times and to do 5 reps
If you feel you’re exerting too much force on your legs, spread your legs farther apart. This will allow the glutes to do more work.
2. Sumo squats
This exercise is perfect to tone the interior muscles of the glutes.
You can do this with weights on both sides, with a dumbbell, with one weight, or a weight located directly between your separated legs.
- Firstly, stand up straight and spread your legs
- Bend your knees until they’re horizontal. Then, with the help of the weight, lower yourself
- Ideally, you should feel pressure in the glutes when you squat further down, which is what you’re aiming for
- Finally, do this 10 times for 5 reps
3. Squats with a jump
This is a variation of the squat. However, it differs in that, at the moment of rising, the knees are stretched by making a jump.
- Push yourself to make the jump, rest for about 10 seconds and then go back down to complete a series of 5 minutes
Visit this article 7 Reasons Why You Should Be Doing Squats Every Day
4. Build stronger glutes quickly with lunges
This exercise is one of the most effective to help you get bigger glutes quickly.
- Firstly, standing up straight, take a step, stretching your leg in front of you
- Hold a weight or a dumbbell in your hands. Then, bend your knees and get up again without changing your position
- Lastly, do 5 times each leg and then 10 reps
Have you tried any exercises to build bigger, stronger glutes?
Men and women of all ages, with or without cellulitis, worry about their physical condition for health reasons, but also because they want to look good. Most of us can relate.
One of the biggest challenges of starting an exercise routine is staying motivated and maintaining a positive outlook. But now that you know the five best exercises to build stronger buttocks, it may be easier. So start designing a routine that’ll help you reach your goal and get started!It might interest you...