Avocado Smoothie to Lose Weight and Gain Muscle
For those who wish to healthily lose weight without being hungry all the time and build muscle more easily, we recommend trying this avocado smoothie.
A drink like this, prepared at home, with natural ingredients, can help you achieve your goal, as long as you always include it within a healthy lifestyle.
By itself, it won’t provide the benefits you want to obtain. Therefore, it’s indispensable to include it in a balanced, varied, rich, sufficient, and complete diet, which is adjusted to the needs of your body.
If you’ve already consulted with your doctor and nutritionist about what the best diet for you is, then you can start to incorporate this drink with greater ease.
How can I lose weight and gain muscle?
If you have the double goal of losing weight while gaining muscle, you’ll have to focus on your diet and physical activity.
Firstly, your diet should be rich in high-quality vegetables and protein. Don’t forget healthy fats, too. Far from being fattening, these fats speed up your metabolism and your calorie-burning also.
Secondly, you should regularly exercise at a medium level of intensity, two or three times a week, alternating or combining strength training and cardiovascular exercise.
You’ll be able to achieve this double goal while at the same time always keeping your focus on being healthy, having energy, and maintaining a good mood.
We recommend you read: A Smoothie to Stimulate Your Brain and Improve Mood
The benefits of green smoothies
To lose weight and gain muscle mass in a healthy way, you must increase your consumption of:
- Healthy Fats
- High-quality protein
- Green leafy vegetables like celery, arugula, watercress, spinach, common cornsalad, beet greens, etc.
So, how can you achieve this? These smoothies can make a convenient, healthy, nutritious, and delicious breakfast or snack.
In order to prepare a delicious and healthy avocado smoothie, just follow the following recipe.
- 1 medium-sized, ripe avocado
- A handful of raw leafy greens
- 1 fruit (ripe banana, pear, apple, or pineapple)
- 1 c. of water or vegetable milk (rice, oat, spelt, or almond)
Likewise, you can add many different healthy and nutritious ingredients to lose weight and add muscle, such as:
- Peel the avocado and add to the blender along with the leafy greens, fruit, and liquid of your choice.
- Blend well, at least a minute or two, until it’s smooth and lump-free.
- The texture will be creamy and thick, so if you like, you can add more liquid if you want it to be more drinkable.
When should I drink this avocado smoothie?
- In the morning for breakfast, without any other food.
- As a snack. This is a great option for people who get hungry before dinner. In addition, avoid eating unhealthy foods, such as candy and snacks.
- At least an hour before exercising. It’ll give you all the energy you need, and it’s also easy to digest, so it won’t cause problems.
- Right after exercising, within a half-hour, because this is the most effective time for building muscle mass.
We recommend you read: Top 4 Green Smoothies to Treat High Blood Pressure
- This avocado smoothie should never replace a main meal. Nor should it be used as the sole source of nutrition, as it could be harmful to health.
- If you want to consume this in addition to other smoothies, remember it’s recommended to moderate. Drink a maximum of two glasses of water a day.
- We recommend avoiding the addition of sugar or any other type of sweetener to the smoothies, in order to keep the drink as healthy as possible.
Food like avocados can help us lose weight, as long as you include it in moderation within a healthy diet.
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Babu, A. S., Veluswamy, S. K., Arena, R., Guazzi, M., & Lavie, C. J. (2014). Virgin coconut oil and its potential cardioprotective effects. Postgraduate Medicine. https://doi.org/10.3810/pgm.2014.11.2835.
- Cava E, Chien Yeat N, et al. Preserving healthy muscle during weight loss. Advances in Nutrition. Mayo 2017. 8 (3): 511-519.
- Cowan, A. K., & Wolstenholme, B. N. (2015). Avocado. In Encyclopedia of Food and Health. https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-12-384947-2.00049-0.
- Dreher, M. L., & Davenport, A. J. (2013). Hass Avocado Composition and Potential Health Effects. Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition. https://doi.org/10.1080/10408398.2011.556759.
- Henning S, Yang J, et al. Hass avocado inclusion in a weight-loss diet supported weight loss and alteres gut microbiota: a 12-week randomized, parallel-controlled trial. Current Developments in Nutrition. Junio 2019. 3 (8):nzz068.
- Heskey C, Oda K, et al. Avocado intake, and longitudinal weight and body mass index changes in adult cohort. Nutrients. Marzo 2019. 11 (3): 691.
- Kerksik Ch, Harvey T, et al. International Society of Sports Nutrition position stand: nutrient timing. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. Octubre 2008. 5: 17.