Advantages of Magnetic Eyelashes and Tips for Using Them
There’s a new trend in town: magnetic eyelashes. This cosmetic procedure can improve volume, length, quantity, and curvature.
False eyelashes have been the first option to enhance the eyes for a long time but many women sort of stepped away from them. This is mainly due to the allergies and infections caused by the glue you have to use to adhere them to the eyelid.
In contrast, magnetic eyelashes don’t require glue as they contain micro magnets that can adhere to any magnetized surface. Continue reading to learn more about the new fashion that’s here to stay.
What are magnetic eyelashes?
They’re basically a strip of hair, either natural or synthetic, composed of two or five rectangular micro magnets that allow them to adhere to a magnetized surface. Like the previous cosmetic options, you can choose the length and thickness of the strip.
Likewise, magnet eyelashes can easily adjust to any eye, regardless of the shape or size.
How to apply them?
Attaching magnetized eyelashes is a simple process but requires patience. It’s really only a matter of practicing. There are currently two procedures for the application:
- The first is to use two strips of magnetic eyelashes and attach them to the natural eyelashes; in other words, your own eyelashes end up between the two magnetic strips
- The second is to apply a magnet containing gel eyeliner and then place the eyelash strip on it
The process is even simpler when it comes to removing them. All you have to do is clear the strips with your fingers. Then put them away in order to reuse them later.
Two-row magnetic eyelashes
This variety consists of two strips of hair with micro magnets for each eye. Firstly, you place the upper strip on top of the eyelid. Then, you place the lower strip and join it with the upper one when it’s fixed, enclosing your natural eyelashes in the middle.
Indeed, this procedure can be tedious but there’s a tool to make it easier: magnetized tweezers. These allow you to place the strips on the magnets in order to place them on the eye.
Advantages of magnetic eyelashes
Magnetic eyelashes have multiple advantages when compared to other products on the market (e.g., eyelashes and hair extensions). For example:
- No glue required, people who refrained from using eyelash products due to the damage or allergies caused by the glue can safely use these ones with magnets.
- They’re easy to apply and remove. While common false eyelashes and extensions require a technique and tools for their application, magnetic eyelashes don’t require previous training and all you need to have is fingers. No, you don’t have to hire a professional.
- Natural look. How many people have you seen out there with eyelash products that instead of enhancing their look, make them look artificial? You can forget about that with magnetic eyelashes.
- They’re economical in comparison to the service of eyelash extensions application.
- You can reuse them about 20 times.
Learn these Eight Cosmetic Tricks for Hiding Droopy Eyelids
Using them safely
The use of magnetic products doesn’t produce ocular interference but it’s of utmost importance to be aware of your allergies and sensitivities. In addition, proper use will prolong the life of your eyelashes.
Here are some tips to take into account for magnetic eyelashes:
- Don’ share them with other people, as eye infections, such as conjunctivitis, travel through the strips
- Keep the eyelashes in a closed place, away from dust and humidity
- You can use eye makeup or mascara after applying the eyelashes, but not before
- Wash your hands to prevent eye infections
- Clean them with micellar water after every use in order to remove any makeup and dust
- Don’t use magnet eyelashes if you have an eye infection as these can further irritate them
- Applying eyelashes in a hectic environment may cause them not to adhere properly or even lead to injury
- Don’t use eyelashes during an MRI as this procedure is based on a powerful magnet that could rip them off
Magnetic eyelashes are reusable and pollute less
All in all, magnetic eyelashes are an excellent reusable, cost-effective, and time-saving alternative to false eyelashes and extensions.
Finally, as we said above, these kinds of eyelashes don’t require glue but you must comply with the recommendations for use. Thus, follow the instructions on the package in order to prevent infections. These tips may even allow you to extend the life of the eyelashes up to 30 times. Keep in mind they require patience and a steady hand.It might interest you...