7-Day Diet to Help Combat Fluid Retention
It’s a good idea to follow this diet before summertime or whenever you experience more fluid retention. You can also maintain these habits to prevent it from recurring
Lots of people are overweight simply due to fluid retention. The result of this is swelling and discomfort in certain parts of the body. The good news, however, is that you can eliminate excess fluids by eating the right foods. In today’s article we want to share a seven-day diet that will help you combat fluid retention naturally. As a result you’ll be able to reduce the swelling and feel lighter and more energetic.
What is fluid retention?
Fluid retention, or edema, can be a chronic problem or just a temporary dilation of the veins due to excessive heat. In the chronic cases, it could be related to circulatory, cardiac, liver, or kidney problems, Because of this you should urgently go and see your doctor to obtain a diagnosis and treatment.
You can identify fluid retention because, on the one hand, there may be an increase in your weight for no apparent reason. On the other hand there may be swelling or inflammation in certain parts of the body like your waist, legs, and ankles. Although it’s not always related to being overweight, obesity can also lead to fluid retention.
This seven-day diet that specifically aims to combat fluid retention should provide you with relief in one week. Having said that, you should continue these healthy eating habits so that the symptoms don’t reappear.
General tips on how to combat fluid retention
Here are some general tips that will be key during this week:
- First of all, you need to completely eliminate table salt or refined salt from your food. You can replace it with moderate amounts of sea salt, Himalayan salt, or seawater.
- You should also avoid eating foods that already contain salt, such as crackers, breads, salted nuts, and so on.
- In order to improve the flavor of your dishes, you can use natural seasonings, such as spices (cayenne, curry, paprika, etc.), vinegar, lemon juice, and herbs (basil, oregano, thyme, etc.).
- Finally, avoid eating sugar or sugary foods, as they can cause you to crave more sweets and make the diet more difficult to follow.
In the morning
First of all, you’ll need to start your day by drinking two cups of warm or hot water with the juice from half a lemon. It’s important that you break your overnight fast in this way in order to improve the function of each organ in your body.
Twenty minutes later, you’ll prepare a smoothie.
- 1 celery stalk
- A pear
- 1 slice of fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 pinch of fresh or ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin coconut oil (15 g)
- A cup of oat milk (200 ml)
- Process all the ingredients in your blender and sip it slowly.
* If you are still hungry in the morning, you can eat a slice of whole wheat toast with avocado, accompanied by a cup of green tea.
For lunch, you can choose from the following options:
- Homemade vegetable juice
- Creamed vegetables or salad
* All dishes can be accompanied by brown rice as a side dish.
- Apple sauce
- Fresh pineapple
- Agar agar gelatin
See also: The incredible powers of gelatin
In the mid-afternoon you should always drink horsetail tea, which has diuretic properties and contains lots of minerals. If you’re hungry, you can enjoy a snack of yogurt with nuts, a piece of fruit, or something similar.
Finally, here is your dinner menu! You shouldn’t overeat, and should try to have this final meal as early as possible.
- Homemade vegetable juice
- Creamed vegetables
- Low-sodium cheese
* These can be accompanied by some bread or brown rice.
- A handful of nuts
If this diet works for you, then why not continue with it over a longer period of time, to control and combat fluid retention and feel so much healthier.