6 Natural Remedies for Parasitic Infections
If you want to avoid intestinal parasites, you need to make sure you have a good diet. As well as eating fewer harmful foods, there are other foods that help to combat infections.
Could you benefit from natural remedies for parasitic infections?
Intestinal parasitic infections are more common than you might think. Sadly, in the majority of cases, people don’t realize it because the symptoms can be easily confused with other conditions: digestive problems, nerves, irritability, itching, etc.
In this article, we’ve included 6 natural remedies for parasitic infections that are highly effective at both preventing and combating this condition. With these ingredients, you’ll be sure to have clean and healthy intestines.
What to Bear in Mind
Even when your body is healthy and balanced, parasites can still enter. However, they’ll normally get removed naturally.
However, our bodies are loaded with toxins and an unhealthy diet can feed those pathogens.
Broadly speaking, the best way to avoid parasitic infections is to reduce or cut out your intake of dairy, alcohol, and sugar altogether. At the same time, you need to increase your intake of fresh and fermented foods (like kefir, natural yoghurt, sauerkraut, etc.)
Another excellent complement is probiotics. These help to keep your intestinal flora rich and healthy. This flora is the best way to stop parasites and is also important for the immune system.
You might like: Liver Cleanse Diet
Natural Remedies for Parasitic Infections
Garlic is one of the classic natural remedies for parasitic infections of all types of pathogens (viruses, fungi, bacteria). Its powerful antibiotic properties make it the ideal natural treatment when your defenses are low.
- For the garlic to have an anti-parasitic effect, you need to eat it raw. If you can’t tolerate the taste well, you can grate it on some toast, or even include generous quantities of it in a soup.
- Another alternative is the old and famous Tibetan garlic cure.
- Lastly, you can always resort to capsules of garlic oil.
2. Papaya Seeds
Papayas are a tropical fruit that helps balance all digestive functions. However, something that isn’t so well-known about this fruit is the anti-parasitic properties of its seeds, which are round and spicy.
- To take them as a remedy you need to crush or mash them and eat them on an empty stomach for several consecutive days.
- You can also mix them with the juice of the papaya.
3. Pumpkin Seeds
Pumpkin seeds are rich in cucurbitacin. This amino acid paralyses some types of parasites and helps to remove them. This is why it’s a great superfood to eat every day.
- If you already suffer from parasites, we recommend you consume 30 raw pumpkin seeds on an empty stomach every day.
- You can crush them. Otherwise, you will need to chew them well for them to be effective.
Ginger is known for its special spicy and refreshing flavor. It has so many medicinal properties that we all should consume it every day, especially women. It’s also one of the best remedies for parasitic infections.
- You could start the day with a ginger infusion or mix some with other fruits, such as bananas, apples, or pears.
- To use it as a preventative, you could use it as a condiment for various dishes, sweet as well as savory.
Cloves have a powerful smell and taste and are often found in the curative remedies of ancient cultures. However, these days it isn’t used that much. But this is just because people don’t realize their properties.
It’s another of the many natural remedies for parasitic infections.
- Chew a clove in the morning on an empty stomach every day. This will help to get rid of parasites and their eggs because of its powerful antibacterial effect.
- You can also use cloves as a condiment for stews and desserts.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar
Lastly, apple cider vinegar is a simple and accessible remedy for fighting parasites, as well as staying healthy generally. It should always be diluted, and you should always drink it on an empty stomach and at least half an hour before meals.
We recommend pure, organic apple cider vinegar, without filtration, and which isn’t pasteurized. This way you’ll be sure that the enzymes and probiotics it contains are still intact.
It’s also an excellent food for recovering intestinal flora.