Training from home can be a difficult task if you don’t have the knowledge or enough motivation to do it. In this article, we’ll tell you about six abdominal exercises that you can perform from the comfort of your home.
6 abdominal exercises that you’ll enjoy doing at home
1. The plank
The plank is one of the best and most common exercises to work your abs. You don’t need to do repetitions, just maintain proper posture. This exercise is a challenge, since you need to put up with the most and put your resistance to the test.
- This exercise consists of putting your legs in an extended position and placing yourself in a push-up position, resting your elbows on the floor and keeping them at the same height as your shoulders.
- This is about tightening your abdomen and holding it tight. The longer you hold on, the better.
- This exercise can be complemented with push-ups if you’d like. This way, it’s quite useful for working out from home.
To carry out this exercise, you must lie down on the floor facing the ceiling. Keep your feet close together and stretch our arms, without any flexion.
- Once this is done, t turn your torso as far as you can to the right. Then, hold for a few seconds.
- Then, repeat on the opposite side.
- You must repeat the exercise two and three times. You can combine it with other exercises to have a complete routine.
3. The climber
This routine involves almost all the muscles of your body and can be included in your cardiovascular exercise routines, as it increases the number of heart beats per minute.
- When you start, you should place yourself in a position to do a flexion. Join your hands under your shoulders, keeping your body perfectly straight.
- Next, squeeze your abs tightly and move with your knees forward.
- Repeat the procedure from the initial position but with the other knee.
With this exercise, you’lll notice a big difference and your body will appreciate it.
4. Scissor arches
- To perform this exercise, you should lie on your back and place your hands on the floor.
- Place your hands under your buttocks. Then, without separating your arms, begin to raise one leg.
- Next, lift both legs and suspend them in the air for a few minutes.
The main objective of this exercise is to create a right angle between the two legs. It’s essential that you dn’t bend your knees and keep your legs suspended in the air.
Hold the position for a few seconds in the air. Then, try to perform between 25 and 30 repetitions each time.
5. Spider push-ups
This exercise consists in pushing up. Then, try and touch your elbow with your knee at the same time.
The name comes from the complicated movements you must do to achieve it. However, it’s really useful in open spaces and allows you to develop the muscles of your abdomen in a fun way.
6. Frog kicks
The frog kicking exercise serves to work the middle and upper part of the abdomen, which are undoubtedly two of the most difficult areas to tone up.
- To do so, support yourself with your buttocks and hands on the floor.
- Then, lift your legs, with your knees bent.
- Next, move your legs back and forth.
- The point of union will be your abdominal wall. That’s where you should feel the pressure and tension of the exercise for it to be effective.
- You should do 10 to 20 repetitions.
Apart from putting these six exercises into practice, you have to be aware that in order to achieve effective results you must be consistent and do these routines on a continuous basis.
In addition, you must not forget the importance of following a healthy diet if you really want to achieve results. Only the combination of both will make your efforts pay off.