5 Potpourri Bags to Place in Your Closet
Closets and drawers can easily retain bad odors due to the accumulation of dust and moisture. These odors can also affect the clothing you store inside. While there are many commercial air fresheners that you can use, you can also make some homemade potpourri bags with some basic ingredients.
Below, we’ll explain how to make four different kinds of potpourri bags.
Potpourri Bags to Improve the Odor of Your Closet
There are a few ways you can improve the odor of your closet.
First of all, you can air it out regularly. Allowing air to circulate will help improve the overall smell of your closet.
You can also thoroughly clean your closet and remove any dust, mold, or other residues.
To ensure that your closet maintains a pleasant smell daily, you can make some small potpourri bags with plants and other fragrant ingredients to place in your closet. They are very easy to make and mostly include ingredients that you probably already have in your home.
1. Potpourri Bags with Apples and Cinnamon
Do you like the tantalizing smell of cinnamon?
If you do, then this potpourri bag is for you! These apple and cinnamon bags will improve the smell of your closet immediately! The combination of these two ingredients create a natural air freshener that works to neutralize the bad odors of closed spaces.
- Apple peels
- 3 sticks of cinnamon
- Cloth bags
How to Make Them
- First, remove the apple peel and leave it out to dry in the sun.
- Next, cut the peels and place them in the cloth bag with the cinnamon sticks.
- Place the bags in the corners of your closet or drawers.
- If you would like to keep the scent strong, change the bags at least once a week.
2. Citrus Potpourri Bags
The strong scent of citric fruits is also perfect for eliminating stale odors in your closet.
Additionally, they’re perfect for other areas as well, like the bathroom, kitchen, or bedrooms. They’re also very cheap to make and also ward off moths and other insects.
- Orange peel
- Lemon peel
- 1/4 cup of rice (50 g)
- Cloth bags
The advantage of these potpourri bags is that the rice will also absorb humidity. For this reason, it’s one of the best options to neutralize bad smells in your home.
- First, dry the citrus peels.
- Then, cut them into several pieces and put them in the cloth bag.
- Next, add the rice to the bag and close the bag.
- Finally, place the bag in the desired location. You can make several bags and place them in each corner of your closet as well as in other rooms in your house.
3. Bags with Aromatic Herbs
- 1/2 cup of fragrant herbs that you like (you can use only one herb or combine different herbs)
- 5 cloves
- 1/4 cup of rice (50 g)
- A cloth bag
- First, cut the herbs and put them in the cloth bag.
- Then, add the rice and cloves to the bag.
- Finally, place the bag in the corner of your closet.
4. Bags with Fragrant Candles
If you always wanted a use for the leftover nubs of fragrant candles, here’s one. You can make these very simple potpourri bags. All you need to do is dry the melted candle wax.
- Dried wax from a fragrant candle (minimum of 50 g)
- Cloth bag
- First, gather the dried melted wax and crush it.
- Then, place it in the cloth bag and close it.
- Finally, place the bag in your closet.
- The best way to use these is by placing several in different corners of your closet to make the fragrant smell last longer.
Do any of these seem like something you want to make?
Choose the bag that best suites you. You’ll be able to notice the difference in how your closet smells immediately and without having to resort to chemical air fresheners.It might interest you...