Five Natural Ways to Fight Varicose Veins
Alongside exercising, maintaining a balanced diet, and drinking plenty of water, the regular application of natural treatments can help to fight against varicose veins. Here are five natural remedies that you can try.
Varicose veins are a condition that’s also referred to as, chronic venous insufficiency. This condition occurs when an abnormal amount of blood accumulates in the weakened walls and valves of superficial veins. Subsequently, it causes the veins to dilate, making it difficult for the blood to flow from the lower body to the heart.
Aside from it being unsightly, this is a circulatory problem that’s also associated with some serious health issues.
Fortunately, there are natural treatments available that you can use to help fight varicose veins. These remedies can also prevent varicose veins from becoming more serious.
In this article we are going to share five of the best natural solutions to help in the fight against varicose veins.
Are you ready to try them out?
1. Homemade vinegar and carrot cream to help fight varicose veins
The combination of apple cider vinegar and carrot produces an anti-inflammatory cream that will help to fight varicose veins and stimulate your circulation.
- 1 medium carrot
- 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 5 tablespoons of water
- Chop the carrot into pieces and blend it with the apple cider vinegar and water.
- Make a thick paste and store it in the fridge for two hours.
- Next, rub this on to the affected areas and leave it for 40 minutes.
- For best results, repeat this application every day.
You may also like: Carrot treatment for stretch marks
2. Clay and onion treatment
This topical treatment can help to fight varicose veins by reducing the size of dilated veins, and restoring the blood flow. Moreover, its use can alleviate pain and reduce the feelings of heaviness in the legs.
- 2 tablespoons of medicinal clay
- The juice of one (raw) onion
- The juice of half a lemon
- Strain the juice from the raw onion and mix it with the clay, until you have a paste.
- Spread this over varicose veins and leave it on overnight.
- Dampen your skin with lemon juice the following day, and perform a gentle massage.
- Rinse, and repeat this treatment three times a week.
3. Garlic ointment
The sulfur compounds found in garlic are powerful anti-inflammatory agents that help to fight varicose veins. By using garlic, you can help to improve the circulation in your legs and stimulate the removal of toxins. This can help to prevent your veins from hardening.
- 4 cloves of raw garlic
- 1/4 cup of rubbing alcohol
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- Puree the four garlic cloves with the rubbing alcohol and store it in a glass jar.
- Pour in the olive oil and let this mixture sit for 10 days.
- Massage the mixture on to the affected areas and leave it on for 40 minutes before rinsing.
- Repeat the application every evening.
4. Rosemary and elderflower compress
Applying a compress made with rosemary, elderflower, and honey helps to alleviate pain and improve your circulation. By using this compress, you can significantly reduce the presence of both varicose and spider veins, and improve the appearance of your legs.
- 2 tablespoons of rosemary
- 2 tablespoons of elderflower
- 4 tablespoons of honey
- 1 cup of water
- Bring the water to the boil and add the rosemary, elderflower, and honey.
- Simmer over a low heat for a few minutes before allowing it to cool.
- Once it has completely cooled, apply it as a compress on the affected areas and relax.
- Remove the compress after 20 minutes.
- Use this treatment two to three times a week.
5. Coffee and cocoa butter cream
The grounds that are leftover from your morning cup of coffee can be used to fight varicose veins and other problems associated with circulation.
By applying ground coffee to the skin, you can help to remove dead skin cells, soften your skin, and fight varicose veins.
- 5 tablespoons of used coffee grounds
- 5 tablespoons of cocoa butter
- Soften the cocoa butter in a bain-marie and add the coffee grounds.
- Apply this cream to the affected areas with gentle, upward strokes.
- Remove the excess with cold water, and repeat this procedure every night.
In addition to regularly using these varicose vein treatments, you also need to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Healthy habits such as drinking plenty of water, consuming a balanced diet and regular exercise are all key to dealing with this condition.
In conclusion, it’s also essential to maintain a healthy weight and avoid putting too much pressure on your legs.