5 Natural Remedies to Get Rid of Neck Wrinkles
Given that the skin of the neck has very few sebaceous glands, it tends to get dehydrated and easily show wrinkles if you don't moisturize it enough. Learn how in this article!
Would you like to get rid of neck wrinkles? Maybe these signs of aging don’t worry you too much. However, if they do bother you, then give some of the following remedies a try.
Why do we get wrinkles on our necks?
There are many factors that promote the formation of wrinkles on the neck and other parts of the body. These can include:
- Poor diet
- Inappropriate skin care
- Issues in the environment
All these factors cause the skin to get progressively dryer and thinner. As a result, it gets less resistant and becomes prone to getting wrinkles.
Expression lines may also appear prematurely on the skin.
These are the result of habitual, unconscious movements like frowning, laughing or making any other faces.
See also: Nutrition for a Toned Body
Nevertheless, there are some ways to get rid of neck wrinkles.
1. Brewer’s yeast and yogurt
Brewer’s yeast contains nutrients that activate the formation of collagen and diminish wrinkles. Yogurt is rich in proteins and calcium, so it offers hydration for your skin.
By mixing these two ingredients, you can get rid of neck wrinkles. It can also help you prevent any more from appearing.
- 2 tablespoons of natural yogurt (24 g)
- 1 tablespoon of brewer’s yeast (10 g)
- 1 tablespoon of wheat germ oil (15 g)
- Mix all the ingredients together until you get a uniform paste.
- Apply to the skin of your neck and leave it to dry for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
To optimize the results, repeat this procedure at least 3 times a week.
2. Egg whites
The high nutritional content of eggs can help you with more than just a healthy diet.
They are also an essential ingredient in hydrating masks. You can use these to get rid of neck wrinkles. Plus, they’re also an ideal solution for removing impurities from the skin.
- 1 egg white
- Beat the egg white in a bowl and apply them the skin of your neck.
- Leave them there for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with water and repeat this process twice a week.
3. Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is rich in alpha hydroxy acids. These components make this type of vinegar great for rejuvenating the skin.
Thus, it’s an ideal solution to get rid of neck wrinkles caused by age.
- 1 egg yolk
- A capsule of Vitamin E
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (10 ml)
- Combine all the ingredients until they’re fully mixed.
- Using some cotton wool, spread the mixture over the skin of your neck. Massage it into the skin with upward motions.
- Leave it there for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water.
Repeat this process 3 times a week before going to bed to give your skin back the hydration and elasticity to help get rid of neck wrinkles.
4. Avocado oil
Avocado contains high quantities of nutrients like vitamins and minerals.
Because it’s rich in omega 3, an essential fatty acid, it repairs and rejuvenates the skin. It also helps to get rid of neck wrinkles and face wrinkles.
- 2 teaspoons of avocado oil (10 g)
- Using cotton wool, apply the oil to the wrinkles in a gentle massaging motion.
- Leave it there for 15 minutes. Then rinse with warm water.
5. Aloe vera
This plant is well-known for its healing properties with regard to a wide variety of conditions. These range from just coughs to wounds and burns, among others.
However, its benefits related to skincare are the most outstanding. Given that it’s a natural moisturizer, aloe vera can help you get rid of neck wrinkles.
Also, thanks to its antiseptic properties, it can be an effective treatment for acne in some cases.
- 1 aloe vera leaf
- Extract the sap from the aloe vera leaf.
- Apply directly to the skin on your neck.
- Leave it to dry for 30 minutes. Then rinse with warm water.
We recommend you read: 8 Reasons to Drink Aloe Vera Juice and How to Make It
Additional ways to get rid of neck wrinkles
The natural treatments used to get rid of neck wrinkles that we just shared with you can be healthy choices for counteracting the signs of aging.
However, there are other things that you should know about the skin on the neck in order to better understand why wrinkles appear and how to avoid them.
Hydrate your skin
The skin on your neck has very few sebaceous glands. This makes it prone to dehydration and therefore also to the early onset of wrinkling.
For this reason, it’s important to have a daily moisturizing routine.
Also, you should make sure to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day to give your body the hydration it needs to carry out its cellular processes properly.
Be sure to protect your skin from the sun
One of the best habits you can pick up is to use sunscreen – even when it’s cloudy!
Prolonged or frequent exposure to the sun’s rays accelerates the aging of the skin.
Care for your diet
A healthy diet that’s rich in vegetables, fruit, and natural smoothies is an efficient way to discourage the formation of wrinkles.
Avoid excessive consumption of red meats and refined flours, because they contain high levels of toxins that accumulate in the body.
As you can imagine, the fight against wrinkles can be easier if you’re able to prevent them from appearing in the first place.