5 Natural Remedies to Get Rid of Neck Wrinkles
In the popular sphere, various remedies have been proposed to get rid of wrinkles and, thus, improve the appearance of the skin on the neck. You can apply many of them topically.
Neck wrinkles are a cosmetic problem for many people. They appear as a result of the passage of time. Also, they appear due to losing and gaining weight in a short time, among other causes.
To minimize its appearance, popular wisdom proposes several home remedies that, although lacking in rigor, can help complement a healthy lifestyle and, of course, your beauty routine.
Why do we get wrinkles on our necks?
Many factors promote the formation of wrinkles on the neck and other parts of the body. These can include:
- Sedentary lifestyle.
- Poor diet.
- Inappropriate skin care.
- Losing or gaining weight in a short period of time.
All these factors cause the skin to get progressively dryer and thinner. As a result, it gets less resistant and becomes prone to getting wrinkles.
Expression lines may also appear prematurely on the skin. These are the result of habitual, unconscious movements like frowning, laughing, or making any other faces.
Natural remedies to get rid of neck wrinkles
Although they lack scientific evidence, according to popular beliefs, these natural remedies may help you get rid of neck wrinkles.
Note: if you decide to apply them, keep in mind that they won’t work on their own. Therefore, make sure you maintain good lifestyle habits. Eat healthy, hydrate well, and exercise daily if you want to notice an improvement.
1. Brewer’s yeast and yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of natural yogurt (24 g).
- 1 tablespoon of brewer’s yeast (10 g).
- 1 tablespoon of wheat germ oil (15 g).
- Firstly, mix all the ingredients together until you get a uniform paste.
- Apply to the skin of your neck and leave it to dry for 15 minutes.
- Finally, rinse with lukewarm water.
- To optimize the results, repeat this procedure at least three times a week.
2. Egg whites
- Firstly, beat the egg white in a bowl and apply it to the skin of your neck.
- Leave on for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with water and repeat this process twice a week.
3. Apple cider vinegar
- 1 egg yolk.
- A few drops of apple cider vinegar (10 ml).
- Optional: a vitamin E capsule.
- Firstly, combine all the ingredients until they’re fully mixed.
- Using cotton, spread the mixture over the skin of your neck. Massage it into the skin with upward motions.
- Leave it there for a few minutes.
- Finally, rinse with warm water.
Note: dermatologists indicate that it isn’t a good idea to apply apply apple cider vinegar to the skin, since it’s a very aggressive product that can cause various adverse reactions, such as irritation, redness, and itching, among others.
However, others consider that, by diluting it in water, it can be a little less aggressive. In any case, it’s best to avoid this type of remedy or at least use a minimal amount of vinegar.
4. Avocado oil
Avocado oil is rich in healthy fats. Therefore, applying it to the skin would help hydrate it and improve its appearance.
To get rid of neck wrinkles, it’d be advisable to massage yourself with a little oil every night. Then, leave it on the skin for about 15 minutes. Finally, rinse it off.
5. Aloe vera
Aloe vera is a plant that’s been used for all types of conditions, as it has different medicinal properties. Thus, some have used it to get rid of neck wrinkles-
- 1 aloe vera leaf.
- Firstly, extract the gel from the aloe vera leaf and wash it with water to remove the sap (yellow layer).
- Apply directly to the skin on your neck.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes. Then, rinse with warm water.
Additional care to avoid neck wrinkles
Although there’s no single (and definitive) way to eliminate wrinkles, several lifestyle habits can contribute to delaying their appearance. One of them is skin hydration. In other words, the daily application of moisturizers.
The skin of your neck doesn’t have many sebaceous glands. This is why it’s believed to be prone to dehydration and, consequently, premature wrinkling. Therefore, it’s important to have a daily moisturizing routine.
Also, you should make sure to drink at least four glasses of water a day. This way, you can provide the body with the hydration it needs to carry out normal cellular processes.
Another good habit to take care of your skin and reduce the risk of developing premature wrinkles is to use a sunscreen every day, even when it’s cloudy.
Keep in mind that prolonged or frequent sun exposure accelerates skin aging. In addition, this way, you’ll also protect yourself from other skin diseases.
Finally, it doesn’t hurt to watch your diet to prevent and fight the formation of wrinkles.