Would you like to get rid of wrinkles on your neck? Perhaps these signs of aging don’t worry you too much. However, if they do bother you, then try the following remedies.
Why do we get wrinkles on our necks?
There are many factors that promote the formation of wrinkles on the neck and other parts of the body. These can include:
- Poor diet
- Inappropriate skin care
- The environment
All these factors cause the skin to get progressively dryer and thinner, and as a result, less resistant and more prone to getting wrinkles.
Expression lines may also appear on the skin prematurely.
These are the result of habitual, unconscious movements like frowning, laughing or screwing up your face.
See also: Nutrition for a Toned Body
Let’s take a look at how we can get rid of these wrinkles.
1. Brewer’s yeast and yogurt
Brewer’s yeast contains nutrients which reactivate the formation of collagen and diminish wrinkles. Yogurt is rich in proteins and calcium, so it offers hydration for your skin.
By mixing these two ingredients, you can get rid of wrinkles and prevent any more from appearing.
- 2 tablespoons of natural yogurt (24 g)
- 1 tablespoon of brewer’s yeast (10 g)
- 1 tablespoon of wheat germ oil (15 g)
- Mix all the ingredients together until you get a uniform paste.
- Apply to the skin of your neck and leave it to dry for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
To optimize the results, repeat this procedure at least 3 times a week.
2. Egg whites
Thanks to their high nutritional content, eggs are not just a necessary food in our daily diet.
They’re also an essential ingredient in hydrating masks to get rid of wrinkles on the neck. Plus, they’re also ideal for removing impurities from the skin.
- 1 egg white
- Beat the egg white in a bowl and apply it to the skin of the neck.
- Leave it to act for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with water and repeat this process twice a week.
3. Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is rich in alpha hydroxy acids. These components make this type of vinegar great for rejuvenating the skin.
Thus, it’s ideal for alleviating unsightly wrinkles caused by age.
- 1 egg yolk
- A capsule of vitamin E
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (10 ml)
- Combine all the ingredients until they’re fully mixed.
- With the help of cotton wool, spread the mixture over the skin of your neck, massaging it in with upward-moving motions.
- Leave it to act for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water.
Repeat this process 3 times a week before going to sleep to give your skin back the hydration and elasticity it needs.
4. Avocado oil
Avocado contains a high level of nutrients like vitamins and minerals.
Because it’s rich in omega 3, an essential fatty acid, it repairs and rejuvenates the skin. It also helps to get rid of wrinkles from the neck and face.
- 2 teaspoons of avocado oil (10 g)
- With the help of cotton wool, apply the oil to the wrinkles by giving them a gentle massage.
- Leave it to act for 15 minutes and rinse with warm water.
5. Aloe vera
This plant is well known for its properties for healing all sorts of conditions, from coughs to curing wounds and burns, among others.
However, its benefits for caring for the skin are the most outstanding. Given that it’s a natural moisturizer, aloe vera can contribute to getting rid of wrinkles on the neck.
Also, thanks to its antiseptic properties, it effectively gets rid of acne.
- 1 aloe vera leaf
- Extract the gel from the aloe vera leaf
- Apply directly to the skin on your neck.
- Leave it to dry for 30 minutes and rinse with warm water.
We recommend you read: 8 Reasons to Drink Aloe Vera Juice and How to Make It
Additional ways to avoid getting wrinkles
The natural treatments to get rid of wrinkles from the neck that we just shared with you are one healthy alternative for counteracting the signs of aging.
However, there are other things that you should know about the skin on the neck in order to better understand why wrinkles appear and how to avoid them.
Hydrate your skin
The skin on your neck has very few sebaceous glands. This makes it prone to dehydration and therefore also to the early appearance of wrinkles.
For this reason, it’s important to have a daily moisturizing routine.
Also, you should make sure to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day to give your body the hydration it needs to carry out its cellular processes properly.
You must protect your skin from the sun
One of the best habits you can pick up is that of using sunscreen, even when it’s cloudy.
Prolonged or frequent exposure to the sun’s rays accelerates the aging of the skin.
Care for your diet
A healthy diet that’s rich in vegetables, fruit and natural smoothies is an efficient way to fight the formation of wrinkles.
Avoid excessive consumption of red meats and refined flours, because they contain high levels of toxins that accumulate in the body.
As you can imagine, the fight against wrinkles can be easier if you prevent them from appearing in the first place.