5 of the Absolute Best Plant-Based Milks
Nowadays, just about everybody knows there are drawbacks to cow's milk. It's still one of the most popular kinds, but more and more people are looking for alternatives, and lactose-free milks made from plants and water have become really popular too. They taste good, and they're very healthy too. Do you want to learn more about them?
We’ve all had problems with digestion, congestion, discomfort, or simple lactose intolerance. Doctors and nutritionists are becoming more aware of the problems caused by cow’s milk, and now we’re starting to see lots of non-dairy milk at the store market. So today, we’re going to show you 5 of the best plant-based milks.
Benefits of plant-based milk
- They don’t contain lactose or cholesterol
- They’re low in fat
- They have a high percentage of mono and polyunsaturated fats, which are great for the heart.
- They’re high in vitamin B
- They have a good balance between sodium and potassium
- They’re perfect for people with slow digestion, constipation, irritable bowel syndrome, etc…
Soy milk, one of the best plant-based milks
This is the most common, and the one you’re most likely to have had at some point or another. It’s one of the best plant-based milks for your health and also one of the oldest. It originated in China and spread through America and Europe in the 19th century. Here are some of its benefits:
- It’s good for people allergic to lactose.
- It doesn’t require enzymes for digestion, so it’s one of the easiest milks to digest.
- It’s great for diabetics: it releases sugar slowly, maintaining healthy blood sugar levels.
- It reduces cholesterol. This is thanks to the many isoflavones, fatty acids, and proteins it contains.
- It has a high calcium content and improves circulation and wound healing.
- Its potassium and magnesium make it great for controlling high blood pressure.
- It’s very good for women because it can help with premenstrual syndrome. This is also thanks to its isoflavones.
NOTE: It’s best for it to be organic soy milk.
This is another one of the best plant-based milks. It’s great for growing children, people with low energy levels, and people who need dietary supplements. Almond milk is one of the most nutritious of all non-dairy milk options.
- It’s a digestive.
- It’s good for people who are anemic, weak, have liver problems, or are malnourished.
- Its high potassium content makes it great for the brain and muscles.
- It prevents osteoporosis.
- It helps reduce cholesterol.
- Its high fiber content is perfect for constipation. It also can also reduce your risk of colon cancer.
- It has a high content of magnesium, iron, calcium, and vitamin E.
- Its high fiber content strengthens the digestive system and gives you feeling of fullness.
- It brings down cholesterol levels and helps with diabetes.
- It’s very rich in carbohydrates and has more protein than rice or wheat.
- It provides essential fatty acids, antioxidants, and vitamin E.
- Its high beta-glucan content helps reduce cholesterol and biliary acids in the intestines, absorbing them and preventing harmful elements from being sent into the body.
- It prevents cardiovascular diseases as well as diabetes.
- According to several studies, it’s more beneficial than other antioxidant-rich foods like oranges, spinach, carrots, and tomatoes, for example.
- It has an amazing combination of vitamin E, omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, polyphenols, selenium, copper, zinc, and magnesium…it’s perfect for your health and the health of your entire family.
You might like:
- It’s a light, sweet drink, gluten-free drink.
- It’s very easy to digest and is also relaxing. Its tryptophan and B group vitamins make this milk great for getting energy and achieving an internal balance
- It has cleansing properties and can help lower high blood pressure.
- Is’s also perfect for controlling weight. It has fewer calories than soy and almond milk, and is one of the most nutritious.