Today, everybody knows about the drawbacks to cow’s milk. In spite of the fact that it continues to be one of the most consumed milks, its effects cause more and more people to look for an alternative. That’s why lactose-free milks made from plant sources and water are considered the best alternative. Not only do they taste good, but they’re very healthy too. Would you like to learn more about them?
Everyone has suffered from bad digestion, mucous congestion, malaise, or it could be that you’re simply lactose intolerant. Doctors and nutritionists are becoming more and more aware of the problems caused by cow’s milk, which is why these plant-based milk preparations are being sold in the market, for the well-being of all consumers. Let’s take a closer look:
Benefits of plant-based milk
- They do not contain lactose nor cholesterol
- Low in fat
- Heightened percentage of mono and polyunsaturated fats, which are beneficial for the heart.
- High in vitamin B content
- Balanced relation between sodium and potassium
- They are perfect for people with slow digestion, problems with constipation, irritable bowel syndrome…
This is the most common and one that you more than likely have already tried at some point. One of the most beneficial vegetable milks and one of the oldest, having originated in China and spread through America and Europe throughout the XIX century. Let’s take a look at its benefits:
- It’s good for people allergic to lactose.
- It is the most easily digested because it does not need enzymes to be digested.
- It is excellent for diabetics: it releases sugar slowly, keeping the blood in its most optimum state.
- Reduces cholesterol, being one of the most beneficial milks thanks to its composition of isoflavones, fatty acids, and proteins.
- High calcium content. Improves circulation and wound healing.
- It contains potassium and magnesium, perfect for controlling high blood pressure.
- It is very recommended for women, helping them with pre-menstrual syndrome thanks to its isoflavones.
NOTE: It is important that it be organic soy milk.
Another excellent option among vegetable milks, which is also indicated for children while growing, people with low energy levels, and those that need dietary supplements. This is one of the most nutritious of these milks.
- It is a digestive.
- Beneficial for people who are anemic, weak, that liver problems, or are malnourished.
- Beneficial for the brain and muscles for its high potassium content.
- Prevents osteoporosis.
- Almonds help reduce cholesterol.
- Its high fiber content is perfect for constipation. It also diminished the risk of colon cancer.
- High content of magnesium, iron, calcium, and vitamin E.
- It’s high fiber content strengthens the digestive system and offers consumers a feeling of satiety.
- Reduces cholesterol and diabetes.
- Very rich in carbohydrates, providing even more protein than rice or wheat.
- Provides essential fatty acids, like linoleic, antioxidants, and vitamin E.
- It high beta glucan content helps reduce cholesterol and biliary acids in the intestines, absorbing them and preventing harmful elements from being sent into the body.
- Prevents cardiovascular diseases as well as diabetes.
- According to several studies, it is more beneficial than other antioxidants, like oranges, spinach, carrots, or tomatoes, for example.
- Possesses an amazing combination of vitamin E, omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids, polyphenols, and trace elements, selenium, copper, zinc, and magnesium…perfect for your health and the health of your entire family.
- This is a light and sweet drink that is gluten-free.
- It is very easily digested and is also relaxing. Its tryptophan and B group vitamins content turns this drink into the so-called “serenity seed” because its substances are appropriate for obtaining energy and balance in the nervous system.
- Contains cleansing and hypertensive properties.
- Is also perfect for controlling weight, it has less calories than soy and almond milk, and is one of the most nutritious.