The digestive system is one of the most important ones in the human body. Its relevance also brings with it a great amount of care. This is because it’s more likely for several problems to appear by not knowing it well.
The function of this system focuses on processing the foods you eat. Thus, digestion starts based on what enters your mouth.
While these foods go through your whole system, the nutrients and other kinds of substances are absorbed to give your body energy.
However, sometimes this process is obstructed by a bodily problem.
Problems can affect any part of your digestive system.
Some are more well-known than others. Among them some that stand out are:
- Stenosis (a problem with your esophagus)
- Crohn’s disease
- Acid reflux
- Gall stones
How do you identify digestive problems?
Most of the problems that have to do with your digestive system have the following symptoms:
- Nausea and feeling like you’re going to vomit
- Abdominal pain
- Diarrhea or constipation
- Abdominal bloating
- Problems swallowing
Many other symptoms can appear. But, the ones we mentioned are the main ones that will show up when you have something like a digestive problem.
Natural alternatives: teas for relieving digestive problems
There is a great likelihood that you’ll suffer from this kind of problem over the course of your life. As a result, you should know some natural remedies to relieve them.
One of the oldest and most effective treatments are teas. You can make them with several ingredients and enjoy their benefits.
Below, we’ll share some of the best ones for relieving digestive problems.
1. Chamomile tea
Chamomile’s properties are perfect for fighting different digestive problems. This helps you to reduce indigestion and relieve nausea. It also reduces intestinal gas.
The idea thing is to prepare a loose-leaf tea and drink it three times per week, preferably at night.
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of dried chamomile flowers
- Heat the water until it boils.
- Add the chamomile flowers. Then, remove it from the heat.
- Cover the container and let the tea steep for 15 minutes.
- After this time, strain and drink it.
2. Mint tea
This plant is very well known in the world of medicine. Its use is becoming more and more common. And, it greatly contributes to your digestive system.
Among the problems that it can get rid of or reduce we find indigestion, nausea, or bile stones.
- 1 handful of mint leaves
- 1 cup of water
- Boil the water and add the mint to the tea.
- Cover the container and let it cool.
- You should drink this tea at least 2 times per day (once before breakfast and then again before dinner).
3. Boldo tea
This tea is widely known. Without a doubt, this is because of its great properties for protecting your digestive system.
Boldo tea is perfect for people who suffer from gallbladder problems or indigestion.
- 2 tablespoons of dry Boldo leaves
- 4 cups of water
- Heat the water on a low heat.
- Pay attention so that a minute before boiling you add the Boldo leaves.
- Let it steep for 3 minutes. Then, remove it from the heat and cover the container.
- When it reaches a cool enough temperature to drink, strain it.
- We recommend drinking this tea after each meal, especially if it was a heavy meal.
4. Cumin tea
Cumin is a spice with several benefits. But there are times when you shouldn’t consume it. Because of this, you need to be careful when you use it.
In reference to your digestive system, it fights colic and inflammation.
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- Heat the water until it boils and add the cumin.
- Let it steep for 5 minutes before straining and serving.
- To get the best benefits, you should drink it 3 times per week.