4 Banana Smoothies to Fight Fluid Retention
These banana smoothies can help you lose weight and remove any excess fluid. In addition to that, the tryptophan they contain promotes good sleep and may help prevent depression.
Banana is a food that’s native to tropical Asia, characterized by its yellow peel and a starchy, sugary pulp. Because it has a slightly higher calorie content than other fruits, for years it has had the reputation for causing weight gain. However, this is just a myth. Try these delicious banana smoothies!
For years, people around the world deprived themselves of eating delicious bananas, just because they incorrectly believed it wasn’t good for their diets. However, consuming banana smoothies for breakfast or as a snack can actually help you lose weight.
You might like: What Happens To Your Body If You Start Eating Two Bananas a Day
Over time, the myth that bananas made you gain weight finally lost its strength. People began to see for themselves that the benefits for the body far outweighed any risks. You can make eating bananas more interesting by combining them with other ingredients in bananas smoothies.
Bananas have very high contents of potassium and natural sugars. Therefore, eating bananas promotes the elimination of retained fluid and increases your energy.
Additionally, thanks to tryptophan, bananas are one of the best natural remedies for insomnia, anxiety, and depression. Most interesting of all, it’s a very versatile fruit that you can mix with other ingredients that also support your diet.
Today we want to share 4 great recipes for banana smoothies with you so you can take advantage of all their benefits. Don’t hesitate to try them all!
1. Banana and Almond Smoothie
This delicious smoothie helps control appetite and also improves your kidney function to eliminate retained fluids. Thanks to its essential fatty acid, antioxidant, and natural sugar content, it’s a great choice to “recharge” your body in times of fatigue.
- 1 cup of soy milk (200 ml)
- 1 banana
- 10 almonds
- Slice the bananas, crush the almonds, and add them to your blender along with the soy milk.
- Blend for a minute or two until you get a smooth texture.
- Drink immediately, preferably on an empty stomach or with breakfast.
- You can consume this for 15 days in a row, then rest another 15 days before repeating.
You might like: Toasted almonds and rosemary to improve memory
2. Banana and Orange SmoothieThe combination of banana and orange in this natural beverage helps you get an extra dose of antioxidants to protect your body against the negative effects of free radicals, and it also helps promote the elimination of toxins.
Its high nutritional and energy content increases your physical and mental performance, controlling any insatiable desire to eat and helping you lose weight.
- 1 cup of vegetable milk (250 ml)
- 1 cup of instant oatmeal (250 ml)
- One cup of orange juice (250 ml)
- 1 banana
- Slice the banana, squeeze the orange juice, and mix all ingredients in the blender for a few minutes.
- Once the texture is smooth, drink it without straining.
- Repeat this at least three times a week.
3. Banana and Ginger SmoothieThis antioxidant-rich smoothie is designed for people who are trying to lose weight in a short amount of time. Its properties improve your metabolism, control hunger, and improve your performance during sports and exercise.
The main ingredients are banana and ginger, but it also contains blueberries, grapefruit, and apple.
- 10 fresh blueberries
- The juice from 1 grapefruit
- 1 banana
- A teaspoon of ginger (5 g)
- 1 tablespoon of honey (25 g)
- One apple
- 1 cup of water (200 ml)
- Wash the blueberries, extract the grapefruit juice, and slice the banana.
- Put everything in the blender, including the apple (with peel), the honey, and ginger.
- Blend everything for a couple of minutes or until you obtain a smooth liquid.
- Serve and drink immediately.
- This can be enjoyed on an empty stomach or as part of breakfast.
- Add this to your diet three times a week.
4. Banana and Peanut Butter Smoothie
While this option has slightly more calories than the rest, it’s one of the most effective ways to lose weight healthily without starving yourself.
Just as with the other banana smoothies, the high potassium content fights fluid retention and reduces inflammation of tissues. Thanks to fatty acids and antioxidants, it protects the cells and facilitates the removal of toxins.
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup of low-fat peanut butter (56 g)
- 1/2 cup of vegetable milk, to taste (125 ml)
- Ice cubes
- Place all ingredients in blender and mix at high speed.
- Once you obtain a creamy texture, consume smoothie immediately.
- You can also opt to add protein powder or vitamin supplements.
- Drink this every morning or any many mornings as you’d like.
As you’ve seen, there are delicious and healthy ways to enjoy the benefits of bananas.
Be sure to prepare any and all of the banana smoothies that catch your eye and you’ll see how well it supports your diet.