Eight Signs that Your Body Craves Sex
Your body reflect your physiological and sexual needs through a set of symptoms that reflect your desires for sexual contact and exciting new experiences.
The lack of sex has physical and emotional effects, regardless of whether or not you are aware of them. This basic human need is much deeper than the pleasure it generates. It also plays an important role in your health and well being.
For a variety of reasons, some people try to repress their sexual desire and are self-conscious of it. While others don’t hesitate to take advantage of an exciting new experience when given the opportunity.
Regardless of which type of person you are, if you don´t have sex for a long time your desires become evident thanks to a set of behaviors or signals.
List of Signs that Your Body Craves Sex
1. Lack of sleep
Have you had trouble sleeping lately? Having sex stimulates the secretion of a hormone known as oxytocin, which is important for getting good sleep.
When a person doesn’t have sex for a long time, difficulty sleeping can arise as a result.
You might like: Try These 6 Tips for a Rejuvenating Sleep
2. Irritability and stressWild mood swings and ups and downs, particularly at work and with friends, is likely a sign that your body craves sex. Obviously this isn’t the only reason you might be experiencing stress or moodiness.
But if it’s been weeks or months since your last sexual encounter, you run a higher risk of experiencing negative emotions like irritability, pessimism, and changes in your attitude.It’s important to realize that sex helps contribute to being in a good mood.
While you might try to ignore it, this is a physical and emotional need that can’t be suppressed.
3. Increased fantasiesTo some degree, everyone has fantasies or dreams about sex. Usually they occur at night or as a result of some kind of stimulus.
But when such fantasies become more frequent or appear during the day, it’s a clear sign that your body craves sex and sexual activity.
4. Your skin loses its luster
It might be strange to think that sex can improve the appearance of your skin, but it’s true. When you have sex often, your pores open up and release impurities that otherwise might cause blemishes.
Obviously there are cosmetic treatments for this. However, just like any other physical activity, having sex helps eliminate toxins through sweat and increased blood flow.
If your face has lost some of its natural shine and you’re experiencing more pimples or acne than normal, it could mean your body craves sex.
5. You become less social
Not having sexual experiences can even lead to social isolation. This is because your body is producing fewer endorphins. These are the hormones that promote a good mood and the desire to be around other people.
6. Physical discomfort
Feeling more pain than usual? Not having sex results in a decreased production of serotonin and endorphins – the “happy hormones” that are known for reducing levels of pain.
When you stop having sex you might begin to feel uncertain about yourself and everything you do.
Sex is an activity that improves self-esteem, allowing both men and women to feel desired and cared for.
When you don’t have this experience it causes personal dissatisfaction. This can lead to depression, anxiety, and difficulty in making decisions.
8. That dangerous feeling of lonelinessBe careful! When you feel lonely you’re more likely to make bad decisions, particularly when it comes to sex.
If it’s been a long time since you had sex your feelings of loneliness might override your better judgment and any of the following can happen:
- You decide to call or get back together with a former partner
- You try having sex with someone close to you – a male (or female) friend, or a coworker
- You wind up having casual sex with a stranger you meet at a party or bar, particularly after having a few drinks.
These could be bad decisions with potentially negative consequences so be careful.