Wonderful Avocado Remedies for Your Body Inside and Out
Avocados are a delicious and nutritious fruit that are wonderful for your health. Avocado remedies have become very popular among people who seek out a healthier lifestyle.
Avocados are a unique kind of fruit. Most fruits only boast carbohydrates, but these guys have a high healthy fat content as well.
There are many kinds of avocados out there that vary in their shape (which range from a pear-shape to a ball) and color (from green to black). They can even weigh anywhere from 220 grams to more than two pounds.
The most popular variety are Hass avocados. These contain:
- Vitamin K: 25% of the daily recommended value (RDA)
- Folic acid: 20% of the RDA
- Vitamin C: 17% of the RDA
- Vitamin B5: 14% of the RDA
- Potassium: 14% of the RDA
- Vitamin B6: 13% of the RDA
- Vitamin E: 10% of the RDA
In addition, these fruits even contain small amounts of magnesium, manganese, copper, iron, zinc, phosphate, vitamins A, B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin) and B3 (niacin).
They also provide us 160 calories, 2 grams of protein and 15 grams of healthy fats. Though avocados contain 9 grams of carbohydrates, 7 of them are fiber, meaning they only have 2 grams of “net” carbs. So in short, avocados are a great addition for low-carb diets.
Health and body benefits
These fruits have a large amount of vitamin E, which protects the heart from diseases and provides a good dose of monounsaturated fats. These nutrients reduce cholesterol and protect you rarteries while widening blood vessels for improved blood flow.
The compounds in an avocado also aid in cellular metabolism. In addition, avocados also contain oleic acid, which eliminates intestinal worms and free radicals.
Given that they’re a great source of vitamins A, B6 and folic acid, they’re recommened for people with rheumatoid arthritis and diabetes.
Avocados also help reduce gas, improve vision, lessen gum bleeding, strengthen bones, and fight against the flu, common colds and diarrhea. On top of that, they’re helpful for constipation and relieve headaches, in addition to other problems. For external use, avocados (their oil) delay skin from aging, resulting in a healthier and wrinkle-free appearance.
Natural avocado remedies
Eliminate lice and nits
This remedy a helpful removal treatment for these pesky bugs. The peel has antibiotic properties that help eliminate them.
- 5 entire avocado peels
- 1 tablespoon of common rue (15 g)
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- In a pot, combine the water and 5 avocado peels.
- Cook over low-heat for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- When cooled to room temperature, rub it into the scalp. Wrap hair in towel and leave on for half an hour.
- Wash out with plenty of water and follow up with normal hair-washing routine.
The pest will disappear over time with this treatments and you’ll be much more comfortable.
Eliminate intestinal worms
As we previously mentioned, avocado peels have great antibiotic properties. They’re helpful for treating intestinal worms.
- 1 entire avocado peel
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- Pour the cup of water into a saucepan and add the avocado peel.
- Cook over lo -heat for 10 minutes.
- Take off heat and let cool.
- Drink the liquid on an empty stomach.
We recommend that you read:
Avocados for reducing stretchmarks
After giving birth, or repeatedly losing and gaining weight, stretchmarks might appear. Thanks to the fact that avocados are a great moisturizer, they can help improve the appearance of stretchmarks.
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice (5 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of honey (25 g)
- In a bowl, mix all of the ingredients together.
- When the mixture is homogeneous, set aside.
- Clean the affected zone thoroughly and apply the mixture.
- Massage using a circular motion and leave on for half an hour.
- Wash off with warm water and apply a moisturizer. It won’t be long until you notice the changes.
Diarrhea is the increase of frequency, volume and fluids in stool.
Following a proper diet along and replenishing liquids are essential steps for treating diarrhea in order to restore the lost minerals and prevent dehydration.
Avocados are a great solution that’ll help you do just that. You can eat them or prepare them as instructed below:
- 1 tablespoon of toasted avocado pit
- 1 cup of warm water (250 ml)
- Wash the avocado pit and move it to a oven-safe dish to toast.
- Once ready, grind it into a powder.
- Mix a tablespoon of the powder with the cup of water and drink.
- Repeat 3 times a day.
You’ll be amazed at the incredible results that await you at the end of each preparation. Avocados are an incredible source of healthy goodness. Take advantage of them!