Why Is My Hair Falling Out?
Every day, we lose between 50-100 hairs and it’s completely normal. Hairs have different phases: some are growing, some are stable, and others are ready to fall out.
In this article, we’ll take a look at why this happens and how to help.
Some Causes for Hair Loss
Although there are many reasons as to why hair would fall out, some that could be because of specific problems, such as:
- Blocked hair follicles
- Abrasive shampoo
- Poor diet
- Hormonal changes
- Certain medications
- Iron deficiency
- Thyroid problems
Visit this article: 6 Key Vitamins for Hair Growth
Hair Loss due to Poor Diet
Poor nutrition, whether it be from vitamin deficiency or a restrictive diet, causes hair to lose it’s shine and become weaker.
Stress also has a lot to do with it, as well as unstable living conditions, and this elevates insulin levels. Because of this, we’re often attracted to foods that are high in sugar, such as sweets and carbohydrates, with high glycemic indexes.
These foods create harmful cell inflammation for your body. A good way to prevent hair loss is to include fruits and vegetables in your everyday routine.
Recommended Foods to Prevent Hair Loss
The most important nutritional elements are vitamins and minerals, such as:
- Vitamin A: Found in liver, butter, eggs, and cheese.
- B-Complex Vitamins: Found in rice, wheat, lentils, nuts, and wheat germ.
- Vitamin C: Found in all citrus fruits, especially oranges, limes, grapefruit, and also kiwi and spinach.
- Iron: Found in clams, oysters, lentils, chickpeas, and liver.
- Zinc: Abundant in celery, asparagus, wheat germ, chickpeas and liver.
Mistreatment That Can Cause Hair Loss
In some cases, alopecia by traction may occur. This is caused by wearing ponytails too tight and the use of hair ties and pins with too much pressure.
This problem consists of loss of hair as a result of continuously subjecting the hair to too much tension. In most cases, alopecia is reversible, but over time it could become permanent.
- It’s recommended to leave your hair down and, if not, cut it for your comfort.
Another possible mistreatment that could cause hair loss would be the excessive use of heat.
Cream rinses, hair dye, and using hair dryers with hot air are dangerous for the hair bulb in the hair follicle. The consequence is the weakening of the hair and ultimately, it falling out.
- It’s important to use natural products without chemicals, parabens, salt, or ammonia.
- The natural products allow for your hair to be healthy and natural, without producing allergens or disease in your scalp.
- Also, you can also make homemade products to strengthen your hair.
Permanent and temporary hair dye and any coloration with completely chemical products, same with shampoo, are abrasive and harmful for your hair.
Using plastic combs and brushes with artificial bristles can be harmful to your scalp. Brushes with natural bristles are recommended since they don’t cause damage to your scalp.
Want to learn more? Read: Caring for Your Scalp Every Day
You should pay special attention if you begin to notice any of these signs. You should also consult a dermatologist if:
- The hair loss is excessive and consistent.
- After 2-4 months, the density of your hair has decreased.
- Your hair is finer and weaker.
Other signs that you should look for include:
- Eyelashes or eyebrow hairs also begin to fall out.
- The hair loss leaves bald spots in distinct areas of the scalp.
- There’s a burning sensation in the less dense areas.
- There’s inflammation or redness in the area of hair loss.
Washing your hair every day doesn’t cause hair loss, despite urban myth. In reality, if you don’t maintain proper hygiene in your scalp, it can negatively affect the health of your hair.
Effective Treatments to Prevent Hair Loss
- Capillary Mesotherapy: Treats alopecia from the first symptoms and can resort to micro-grafting in the problem areas and result in natural-looking results without scarring.
- Anti-hair loss products: These products can help lengthen the growth phase and slow down hair loss. One of the most-used drugs to slow down hair loss is minoxidil.
Keep in mind all of the necessary dietary care requirements, how to manage your hair and the products to apply. Your hair will thank you!It might interest you...