What Should I Eat for Breakfast to Lose Weight? 5 Ideas You’ll Love
Healthy foods like oatmeal, natural yogurt, and fruit are great building blocks for breakfast to lose weight and be at 100% in the morning, both physically and mentally
Have you ever wondered what is the best breakfast to lose weight?
When it comes to weight loss, breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day. While it was overlooked for a long time, now we know how essential it is for good health and a good figure.
Because of the nutrients you feed yourself in the first meal of the day, your metabolism gets going and works better over the course of the day. You’ll burn more calories and perform better in both body and mind.
However, a nutritionally poor breakfast won’t work, and one made up of only one food group won’t either. If you’re wondering what to eat for breakfast to lose weight, know that your food choices matter, as well as the balance between macronutrients and micronutrients.
Today, we’d like to share 5 ideas with you. You’ll notice they’re all made up of delicious combinations of foods. They’re low in calories and will keep you satisfied for longer, among many other things.
Try them out!
1. Oats and natural yogurt
The complex carbohydrates in oats and the probiotics in yogurt make this a great breakfast to lose weight.
First of all, it will give you enough energy for your busy day. Plus, it will improve your digestion and control your appetite.
- 1 cup of tea (your choice)
- 2 tablespoons of oats (30 g)
- 1/2 cup of low-fat natural yogurt (125 ml)
- 1/2 cup of berries (80 g)
- Start the day out by drinking a cup of tea, whatever kind you like.
- Then add the oats to a bowl and top with the natural yogurt.
- Sprinkle the berries on top and stir.
2. Rye bread and avocado
If we’re talking about eating breakfast to lose weight, then rye bread should be at the top of the list. The high amount of fiber it contains is good for your digestion and for keeping you feeling full. It will also give you energy and support good cardiovascular health.
- 2 slices of rye bread
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 servings of low-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup of orange juice (200 ml)
- Toast the rye bread and set aside.
- Mash half of an avocado until it’s spreadable.
- Then spread the cream cheese onto the toast and top with the mashed avocado.
- Serve with a glass of orange juice.
3. Turkey sandwich and orange juice
Who said that if you eat breakfast to lose weight it has to be boring?
There’s no need to deprive yourself of flavor! There are all kinds of tasty options packed with protein and fiber, like this hearty breakfast idea: a turkey sandwich with apples and cheese. Start the day right.
- 2 slices of whole grain bread
- Slice of turkey
- 1 serving of low-fat cream cheese (20 g)
- Green apple
- 1 cup of orange juice (250 ml)
- Place a slice of turkey on one of the slices of whole grain bread.
- Then, spread on the cream cheese and top with slices of green apple.
- To finish, cover with the other slice of bread and serve with a cup of orange juice.
You may also be interested in this article:
4. Whole grain toast and eggs
Breakfasts with plenty of carbohydrates and protein are great for weight loss and athletic performance. That’s why this breakfast with whole grain toast, avocado, and eggs is such an excellent idea.
- 2 pieces of whole grain toast
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- 1 serving of a green smoothie (200 ml)
- Top the toast with slices of avocado or mashed avocado.
- Then, slice the boiled egg and add it on top of the avocado.
- Serve along with your favorite green smoothie.
5. Oatmeal with kiwi and chia seeds
Oatmeal is still the star of breakfast. Here, we suggest combining it with antioxidant-packed kiwi and chia, with all of its protein and healthy fats, to make a filling, energizing breakfast to lose weight.
- 1 cup of skim milk (250 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of oats (30 g)
- 1 medium-sized kiwi
- Chia seeds (soak in hot water beforehand)
- Heat the milk on medium heat and then add the oats.
- Let boil for at least 5 minutes.
- Then, remove from heat and let cool a bit.
- Meanwhile, slice the kiwi and add to a bowl.
- Cover them with the oatmeal and top with chia seeds.
Now you know what to eat for breakfast to lose weight. Try one of these tasty options! As you can see, they’re healthy, low in calories, and nutritious. You’ll love them!