5 Healthy and Balanced Breakfast Options To Help You With Weight Loss
When it comes to weight loss, breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day. It’s not all about shedding pounds, either. We now know how important eating a balanced breakfast is for good health and a good figure.
Because of the nutrients you get from the first meal of the day, your metabolism gets going and works better over the course of the day. Eating a good breakfast also increases your energy levels and improves your physical and mental performance.
However, a nutritionally poor breakfast won’t work, and one made up of only one food group won’t either. A healthy breakfast requires making good choices and finding a balance between macronutrients and micronutrients.
Today, we’d like to share 5 ideas with you. You’ll notice they’re all made up of delicious combinations of foods. They’re low in calories and will keep you satisfied for longer, among many other things.
Try them out!
1. Oats and plain yogurt
The complex carbohydrates in oats and the probiotics in yogurt make this an excellent choice for breakfast. Oats, according to a study from the Complutense University of Madrid, reduce cholesterol levels and protect your heart. Probiotics, on the other hand, improve the function of your digestive system, according to this study from the Alpine Institute in Colombia.
- 1 cup of tea (your choice)
- 2 tablespoons of oats (30 g)
- 1/2 cup of low-fat plain yogurt (125 ml)
- 1/2 cup of berries (80 g)
- Start the day out by drinking a cup of tea, whatever kind you like.
- Then add the oats to a bowl and top with the yogurt.
- Sprinkle the berries on top and stir.
2. Rye bread and avocado
If you’re looking for a balanced breakfast, then rye bread should be at the top of the list (especially if you’re looking to lose weight). The high amount of fiber it contains is good for your digestion and for keeping you feeling full. A study from the University of Chile found that avocado reduces the risk of suffering from cardiovascular illness.
- 2 slices of rye bread
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 servings of low-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup of orange juice (200 ml)
- Toast the rye bread and set aside.
- Mash half of an avocado until it’s spreadable.
- Then spread the cream cheese onto the toast and top with the mashed avocado.
- Serve with a glass of orange juice.
3. Turkey sandwich and orange juice
Who said that if you eat breakfast to lose weight it has to be boring?
There’s no need to deprive yourself of flavor! There are all kinds of tasty options packed with protein and fiber, like this hearty breakfast idea: a turkey sandwich and a glass of orange juice. A study from the Nutrition and Health Research Center in Spain found that orange juice helps strengthen the immune system.
- 2 slices of whole-grain bread
- Slice of turkey
- 1 serving of low-fat cream cheese (20 g)
- Green apple
- 1 cup of orange juice (250 ml)
- Place a slice of turkey on one of the slices of whole-grain bread.
- Then, spread on the cream cheese and top with slices of green apple.
- To finish, cover with the other slice of bread and serve with a cup of orange juice.
You may also be interested in this article:
4. Whole grain toast and eggs
Breakfasts with plenty of carbohydrates and protein are great for weight loss and athletic performance. That’s why this breakfast with whole-grain toast, avocado, and eggs is such an excellent idea.
- 2 pieces of whole-grain toast
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- 1 serving of a green smoothie (200 ml)
- Top the toast with slices of avocado or mashed avocado.
- Then, slice the boiled egg and add it on top of the avocado.
- Serve along with your favorite green smoothie.
5. Oatmeal with kiwi and chia seeds
Oatmeal is still the star of balanced breakfasts. Here, we suggest combining it with kiwi (which is rich in antioxidants, according to this study from the Autonomous Metropolitan University) and chia, with all of its protein and healthy fats, to make a filling, energizing breakfast to lose weight.
- 1 cup of skim milk (250 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of oats (30 g)
- 1 medium-sized kiwi
- Heat the milk on medium heat and then add the oats.
- Let boil for at least 5 minutes.
- Then, remove from heat and let cool a bit.
- Meanwhile, slice the kiwi and add it to a bowl.
- Cover them with the oatmeal and top with chia seeds.
Note: soak the chia seeds in hot water before you eat them.
Try one of these tasty options for breakfast! As you can see, they’re healthy, low in calories, and contain a variety of nutritious ingredients. You’ll love them!It might interest you...