Ways to Cure Gastritis
In general, gastritis is a very common condition among people who work in offices, who eat poorly and at irregular times. Yet not all gastritis cases are caused by this; some patients acquire this condition by drinking too much, from bacteria, or from side effects produced by taking certain medications.
Whatever the cause may be, this illness produces quite a bit of discomfort. Today we’re providing you with a few treatments that can “cure” gastritis.
- The most important step that you can take is to completely eliminate spicy foods, as well as foods rich in fat, like fried foods and all types of sauces.
- The second step is to try to eat smaller portions at each meal, while trying to eat fruit, crackers, or juice between meals so as to never leave your stomach empty. This will prevent gastritis attacks.
- If you love alcoholic drinks, try to reduce them as much as possible in your diet. The best thing to do would be to completely eliminate them from your life.
- Another very important recommendation is to eat slowly, allowing for a much healthier digestion. People who eat quickly generally are prone to living with stomach inflammation, which causes frequent acid reflux and stomach burning episodes. By not properly digesting foods, the stomach has to work even harder.
- It is also important to know how to manage your stress. This can arise at any moment, both in the office and in daily life. There are undoubtedly several situations every day that can make us feel uncomfortable, ill at ease, or that tatter our nerves. There are an infinite amount of problems that we don’t know how to solve, and all of this causes anxiety and bad moods. You must learn to control these situations by finding a solution…calm down, breathe deeply, and count to 10 before screaming out or wanting to freak out at whatever is in your way. Your health comes first.
This type of gastritis is much more complicated. This isn’t related to anything fleeting that can be cured by a simple tea. You must see a specialist for this condition, because certain medications exist that can prevent the stomach from creating too much stomach acid. Another way to treat this condition, if it is already “chronic”, is by searching for what caused it, and following a proper treatment regimen under medical supervision.
Natural gastritis treatment
There are several natural treatments to alleviate gastritis symptoms. The primary ones, and most highly recommended, are eating foods rich in fiber, like grains and fruit (with the peel). The fruit should never be citrus. Linseed, fresh ginger, coconut water, and licorice tea can noticeably reduce stomach irritation, and can reduce inflammation in the digestive tract.
Another recommendation, no less important, is to eat your last meal 2 or 3 hours before going to bed. If you go to bed with a full stomach, gastritis symptoms may worsen. Also remember not to eat excessively. A salad and a juice would be just fine for the evening.