Benefits of Water Therapy: Why it Should Be a Part of Your Routine
Water is indispensable for all living beings, seeing as it’s the body’s main source of hydration. If you don’t drink enough water, you could end up contaminating yourself with your own toxins. This could cause excess body fat and digestive problems, among other issues.
Drinking large amounts of water a day may help curb your appetite, improve muscle development, and increase your metabolism. You can reach your water intake goal just by changing a few of your daily habits.
Which Type of Water is Best?
Fresh, non-carbonated water is the best option, as it provides optimal hydration.
Avoid drinks with caffeine and added sodium, which is primarily in flavored water. They can actually counteract the hydration effect of fresh water. Be sure and stay away from low-calorie mixed drinks, too.
You might like:
They contain sugar substitutes that stimulate your appetite. This causes you to crave carbohydrates, which can counteract your weight-loss efforts. The acidity in these drinks can also damage tooth enamel and cause cavities. This also happens when you eat too many sweets.
How Water Therapy Works
Before eating your first meal of the day, drink 600 ml of water. You can also drink it in two servings, meaning 300 ml per glass. Do not eat or drink anything for 45 minutes after drinking all your water.
You might like:
You can eat or drink once the 45 minutes are over. Then, every 45 minutes before meals, drink another 300 ml of water. Do not eat or drink anything after breakfast, lunch, or dinner, until two and a half hours after eating. After this, you can drink more water if you’d like.
Benefits of Drinking Water
- It doesn’t have any calories.
- Not only does water therapy help with weight loss, but it also provides the proper amount of water you should be consuming per day. Since your body is made up of 55 to 60% water, you need at least 2 liters of water every day. This also helps shed excess weight.
- Water therapy helps keep water intake stable and consistent.
- It prevents numerous illnesses. Drinking water helps headaches, body aches, epilepsy, obesity, arthritis, bronchitis, asthma, diarrhea, constipation, and kidney disease, just to name a few.
- Helps clean the body and makes the skin elastic and young.
This goes way beyond a weight loss aid. Water therapy has fantastic benefits and should be part of everyone’s daily routine.
Photo courtesy of Petr Kratochvil.It might interest you...