Warm Honey Water: 5 Reasons You Should Drink It
Drinking a glass of warm honey water every day doesn’t cost us anything and helps us a lot. It is one of those natural remedies that are as old as they are effective.
When we get up, we don’t have time for anything and do everything in a hurry. We have “whatever” with our cup of coffee and run out of the house without having prepared our bodies for the demands of the day.
Starting the day with a glass of warm honey water can offer us multiple benefits.
In addition, if we compliment this drink with a balanced and nutritious breakfast, we will leave the house with more energy and a stronger and more resistant immune system.
In this article we give you 5 good reasons why you should include warm water and honey in your diet.
1. Warm honey water: it can help us lose weight
As you know, honey is a substitute for sugar. It is rich in amino acids, vitamins and minerals. Without a doubt, it compliments our diets and can help us reduce our caloric intake that causes us to gain weight.
Starting your day off with a glass of warm honey water will greatly improve those basic functions that help us lose weight:
- It cleanses the system
- It is satisfying
- We improve our digestion and avoid constipation
- We get an energizing remedy that allows us to be more active
In turn, if you want to lose weight in a healthy way, don’t hesitate to drink a glass of warm honey water with a pinch of cinnamon.
Do this upon getting up and before going to bed. By doing this we also accelerate our metabolism.
2. Improve your digestion
Just as we have mentioned in the beginning of this article, it is highly recommended to drink warm honey water first thing in the morning and on an empty stomach.
- This is when our digestive juices are much more receptive to the natural components of honey and to their enzymes.
- The hot water also helps us to loosen up parts of those toxins that adhere to the intestines. It will also cleanse and scrape away all of the elements of waste.
- Later, thanks to those cleaner intestines and a protected stomach, we digest our food better as well as absorbing nutrients more effectively.
- We also cannot forget that honey is a natural antibiotic. It is going to allow us to fight against those bacterias that cause infections of the stomach.
3. We stimulate the immune system
It should be noted that the natural remedy of warm water with honey will only be effective if we are consistent and take it on a daily basis.
- This is the only way that our system will become gradually strengthened with this marvelous contribution of vitamins, minerals, and amino acids. These can increase our defenses and combat the pathogens that are in the environment that weaken us.
- We cannot forget that this natural remedy also acts as an internal regulator that allows us to maintain a balance. One example of this is the level of cortisol in the body to reduce stress.
It is worth it to be consistent and drink a glass of warm water and honey every day.
4. Reduce the impact of allergies
Honey is not going to do away with allergies. What it will do is diminish symptoms such as coughing, dryness of the throat, asthma, and nervousness.
Also, its going to protect us against the elements that affect our system.
5. Warm honey water with lemon detoxifies our body
We know that cleansing remedies are very fashionable. Having said that, we assure you that none will be so easy to prepare and so effective as a glass of warm water with a little honey and the juice of a half lemon.
- Adding the lemon juice helps us cleanse the body by optimizing liver function.
- We should remember that the lemon and honey combined with the hot water is helpful for urination and healthy for the urinary tract.
Discover: “The benefits of eating garlic when fasting for 7 days“
Points to consider about warm water with lemon
- It’s not recommended that children under 3 years of age consume honey.
- A meal should never be substituted by just drinking honey with lemon, and it should not be considered a breakfast.
- After twenty minutes of drinking this remedy, eat a normal breakfast.
- Never add the honey to the water when it’s boiling as this will change the chemical composition of the honey. The water should be lukewarm, never boiling.
- Always purchase pure organic honey. If purchased in a supermarket it may be altered with an excess of unhealthy sugar.