Warm Water and Honey: 5 Reasons You Should Drink It
Did you know that starting your day with a glass of warm honey water can help to increase your metabolism and promote weight loss?
Drinking a glass of warm water and honey every day doesn’t cost us anything and can provide many benefits. It is one of those natural remedies that are as old as they are effective.
When we get up, we don’t have time for anything, and do everything in a hurry. We just take the first thing we find for breakfast with our cup of coffee. Then we just run out of the house without having prepared our bodies for the demands of the day.
Starting the day with a glass of warm water and honey WILL help us to prepare for the day before us.
In addition, if we compliment this drink with a balanced and nutritious breakfast, we’ll leave the house with more energy and a stronger and more resistant immune system.
That’s why in today’s article we’ll give you 5 good reasons why you should include warm water and honey water in your diet.
1. Warm water with honey for weight loss
As you know, honey is a substitute for sugar. It is rich in amino acids, vitamins and minerals. Without a doubt, it compliments our diets and can help us reduce our caloric intake that causes us to gain weight.
Starting your day off with a glass of warm water and honey will greatly improve the bodily functions that help us lose weight:
- First of all, it cleanses our system
- It is satisfying
- We improve digestion and avoid constipation
- And, in addition, we get an energizing remedy that enables us to be more active
Now, here’s a weight loss tip for you. Why not drink a glass of warm water and honey with a pinch of cinnamon. Do this upon getting up and before going to bed. As a result of this, we’ll also accelerate our metabolism.
2. Improves your digestion
Once again, we want to emphasize how good it is to drink warm water and honey first thing in the morning and on an empty stomach.
- First and foremost, this is when our digestive juices are much more receptive to the natural components of honey and to their enzymes.
- The hot water also helps us to loosen up parts of toxins that adhere to the intestines. It will also cleanse and scrape away all of the elements of waste.
- As a result, thanks to cleaner intestines and a protected stomach, we’ll digest our food better. As well as that, we’ll absorb nutrients more effectively.
- And, finally, don’t forget that honey is a natural antibiotic. As a result of this, it will help us to fight against bacteria that cause stomach infection,
3. Stimulates the immune system
We want to point out that the natural remedy of warm water with honey will only be effective if we are consistent. We must take it on a daily basis.
- This is the only way our system will become gradually strengthened with this marvelous contribution of vitamins, minerals, and amino acids. It will increase our defenses and combat the germs and virus that surround us.
- This natural remedy also acts as an internal regulator that allows us to balance important levels in our bodies. One example of this is the level of cortisol in the body to reduce stress.
It’s worth being consistent and drinking a glass of warm water and honey every day.
4. Reduce the impact of allergies
Honey is not going to do away with allergies. What it will do is reduce symptoms such as coughing, dryness of the throat, asthma, and nervousness.
5. Warm water and honey with lemon detoxifies our body
We know that cleansing remedies are very fashionable. Having said that, none are as easy to prepare and as effective as a glass of warm water with a little honey and the juice of half a lemon.
- Adding the lemon juice helps us cleanse the body by optimizing liver function.
- We should remember that the lemon and honey combined with the hot water is helpful for urination and healthy for the urinary tract.
Points to consider
- First of all, it’s not recommended for children under 3 years of age to consume honey.
- A meal should never be substituted by just drinking honey with lemon, and it should not be considered a breakfast.
- After twenty minutes of drinking this remedy, eat a normal breakfast.
- Never add the honey to the water when it’s boiling as this will change the chemical composition of the honey. The water should be lukewarm, never boiling.
- And, finally, always purchase pure organic honey. If purchased in a supermarket it may be altered with an excess of unhealthy sugar.