Slow hair growth can be a bit frustrating for people who want to have a full, shiny head of hair, but you can use these hair growth tricks.
The process will vary person by person, depending on factors like genetics, hormones, and certain daily habits within your beauty routine.
In response to the demand for such products, however, commercial companies have developed lots of options to speed up your hair growth.
The problem is that lots of them are very expensive and not everyone will have access to them.
In addition to this, they can have unwanted side effects thanks to their chemical components, causing moderate to severe discomfort in some cases.
That’s why today we want to share seven of the best natural options with you so you’ll try them as soon as possible.
1. Increase your protein intakeIn order for your hair to grow in a healthy and regular manner, one of the nutrients that it needs is protein.
When you don’t eat enough of it, your hair strands start to weaken and you’ll experience problems like dryness and hair loss.
In fact, it may become difficult for topical solutions to give good results when you aren’t including the right foods in your diet.
Before you start any treatment, therefore, try increasing your consumption of the following:
- Lean meat
- Cold water fish
- Seeds and nuts
- Green leafy vegetables
- Plain yogurt
- Parmesan cheese
Do you want to know more? See: 8 great reasons to eat more eggs
2. Drink plenty of water
Dehydration is another factor that can give you trouble when it comes to hair growth.
Water is a fluid that helps your entire body function as it should, and while it might not seem important, one of those functions is capillary growth.
Liquids are essential for transporting nutrients to your scalp and ensuring that cells receive the correct amount of oxygen.
- Be sure to drink between six and eight glasses of water a day.
- Remember that lots of fruits and vegetables also contain water.
3. Brush your hair several times a dayA habit as simple and relaxing as brushing your hair can stimulate circulation so that it grows without difficulty.
- It’s essential to choose a brush that has natural bristles that won’t damage your hair while you brush it.
- Nevertheless, be very gentle and don’t use too much force.
4. Try olive oil
One of the most interesting uses for extra virgin olive oil is definitely its ability to improve the health of your hair.
Rich in omega-3 fatty acids, amino acids, and vitamins, this oil stimulates your hair from the roots, improving growth and avoiding dryness.
- Warm a couple of tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and then apply it all over your scalp.
- Perform a gentle massage for five to 10 minutes before rinsing.
5. Add onion to your shampoo
Onions contain sulfurous compounds that will slow hair loss and stimulate the growth of new hair, once they have been absorbed into your scalp.
This vegetable strengthens your hair follicles and also helps you avoid problems like dandruff, thanks to its antifungal action.
- Chop up a small amount of onion and add it to your regular shampoo.
- Leave it for seven days and then use it at least three times a week.
6. Try apple cider vinegar
In recent years, apple cider vinegar has become an important alternative to normal hair conditioners.
This is thanks to its high content of essential acids and minerals that promote hair growth and shine when they’re absorbed into your scalp.
- For that reason, we recommend that you combine equal parts apple cider vinegar and water in a spray bottle and apply it to your hair.
- The smell will dissipate once your hair dries, but you can also remove it with your regular shampoo.
Visit this article: 11 benefits of apple cider vinegar
7. Take advantage of egg whites
Another alternative treatment for strengthening the hair is egg whites.
They are filled with protein and antioxidant compounds that stop hair loss and any difficulties with growth.
- Beat two egg whites in a bowl and apply this treatment from the roots to the ends of your hair.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes and rinse with cold water (avoid hot water, because it could make it more difficult to remove).
- Use this treatment at least three times a week.
Are you still not getting that thick, long mane you desire? Try adding some of these hair growth tricks to your regular routine and you’ll find that you can get the look you want without having to spend too much money.