Your lips are covered by an extremely delicate layer of skin. Unfortunately, this layer tends to suffer from the negative effects of toxins and UV solar radiation.
As a result, dead cells build up along with impurities. Over time, these impurities become visible as stains, cracks, infections, or other problems that make your lips look much worse than they should.
The good news is that all of these effects can be combated naturally. All you have to do is incorporate some easy ways to treat your lips well into your regular beauty regimen.
In today’s article, we want to share seven excellent, easy tips to improve the appearance of your lips.
1. Use sunscreenThe daily use of a lip balm that contains sunscreen is an easy way to avoid the harmful effects of the sun on the delicate skin of your lips.
The best choice is to use it two to three times a day every day to ensure that you stay protected.
2. Be sure to moisturize
In addition, sudden changes in temperature, food residue, and exposure to toxins are factors that directly influence the health of your lips.
The effects of these elements can alter your natural oil production. They can also cause cells to die off rather than renew.
That’s why it’s essential to moisturize your lips several times a day. You can do this using either lip balms, moisturizers, or a little bit of cocoa butter.
3. Avoid cigarettesA regular smoking habit not only affects how your teeth look, but can also alter the skin of your lips over time.
The toxins in cigarettes accelerate your skin’s aging process. In addition, they change your natural moisture profile and trigger the appearance of unsightly dark spots.
4. Eliminate dead skin cells
The lips are notorious for building up dead skin cells that manifest as small granules that easily clump together.
You need to use a product made for exfoliation to remove them. After all, using your fingernails or teeth can cause injury.
There are plenty of different products you can buy in stores. However, you can also make an exfoliant at home using ingredients like raw sugar and honey.
Even if you don’t have any of these products on hand, you can rub your lips gently with a soft toothbrush to get a similar effect.
5. Drink more waterThe health of your lips also depends largely on how hydrated your body is. This is not just because it favors oxygen transportation to this part of the face, but also because it’s key to retaining your lips’ natural moisture.
In fact, when your body isn’t getting enough fluids, your mouth is one of the first places where you see signs of dehydration.
This is why if you notice your skin is becoming dry and cracked, it’s a good idea to start drinking more water.
Drinking at least two liters of water a day will guarantee that your lips stays protected, moisturized, and continuously renewed.
6. Wipe your lips after you eat
Food residue can remain on the surface or in the creases of your lips, causing annoying imperfections.
Stains, pimples, and excessive dryness can result from substances that are derived from some foods they had contact with.
It’s very important that you wipe your mouth after you eat, especially if you’re consuming foods that are acidic, spicy, or salty.
Visit this article: 8 beauty tricks with coconut oil
7. Check your cosmetic products and lip balmFinally, it’s important to take a look at your cosmetic products and lip balms or lipsticks. Some of their chemical compounds can be very hard on the skin of the mouth.
Although they’re designed to highlight this part of the face, their regular use on certain skin types can cause serious damage.
If your skin tends to dry out whenever you use them, it’s best to take a break.
If possible, replace them with all natural products. These are milder and won’t alter your skin’s pH.
As you can see, it’s easy to take some preventative measures and preserve the health and beauty of your lips. Follow each of these tips and you’ll ensure that you get the look you want without having to use expensive products.