Vegetable Milk Snack Recipes
Vegetable drinks are a healthy and unique option to have as a snack. You can add them to your coffee, shakes or even your vegetable soups.
Perhaps the afternoon is the part of the day you feel most hungry. Then, it’s difficult not to follow your impulses to satisfy those irresistible little cravings. However, there are also healthy ways to satisfy your mid-afternoon hunger. You can satisfy it with these three vegetable milk snack recipes.
These are special options for vegans and people that are lactose intolerant. Therefore, you will see that it’s possible to give yourself a nice bite to eat during the middle of the day that’s healthy and suitable for almost everyone.
Some ingredients for vegetable milk are oats, soy, quinoa, almonds or coconut. These drinks are loaded with flavor and texture as if they were cow’s milk.
Also, they can offer a twist depending on the ingredient you use. For example, coconut milk is especially good for more tropical preparations, while oat milk is perfect for an afternoon coffee. What makes these recipes nice is that they’re excellent to have as a snack.
Vegetable Milk Snacks
1. Almond milk
Almond milk is one of the best options among vegetable milk to have as a snack. It’s tasty, inexpensive and easy to find. You can purchase it at ecological supermarkets or stores in your neighborhood.
However, remember to make sure it doesn’t have any added sugar if you are trying to maintain a healthy and balanced diet.
- 1 cup of almonds
- 4 dates
- 2 cups of water (500 mL)
- In the first place, keep in mind that you must start making this recipe the night before.
- Soak the almonds in a large bowl with water.
- The night before, you will need to remove the skin and wash away the impurities.
- Then, use a food processor or blender to blend the almonds, dates, and water for about two minutes.
- Afterward, you must strain the liquid in a cloth bag or in a large gauze to take away from the fiber.
- Finally, store the drink in a container and place it in the fridge.
Read this article, too: 5 Snacks Good For Weight Loss
2. Oat milk
This drink is used frequently in vegan cakes or recipes. In fact, it has a neutral flavor that always goes well with your coffee, in soups or a smoothie.
- 1 cup of oatmeal flakes
- 6 dates without their pits
- 3 cups of water (750 mL)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract (30 mL)
Check out this article, too: 9 Benefits of Eating Oats for Breakfast
- Leave the oat flakes soaking in a bowl overnight.
- The following morning, blend them for two minutes until the ingredients are well integrated.
- Let the ingredients sit for one hour so they can settle.
- Finally, strain for at least three times to get the oat milk. The idea is to take out all the remnants that you don’t need.
3. Banana Milk
Even though you’ve probably already tried bananas in smoothies that have milk from an animal origin, nothing prevents you from using this fruit to make a nutritious vegetable drink. This is an excellent choice among the other vegetable milk for snacks.
- 2 bananas (650 g)
- 2 cups of water (500 mL)
- 4 without their pits
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract (15 mL)
- 1 cup of ice (120 g) (optional for making a slushy)
- This time, you don’t have to leave it soaking overnight. It doesn’t require that much time to make this delicious recipe.
- First, remove the peels and cut the banana into slices.
- Then, add all the other ingredients in an electric mixer or blender.
- Make sure you add the ice (if you want to have a slushy) and blend for two minutes.
- Finally, refrigerate to serve it cold.