Remedies to Treat a Vaginal Yeast Infection
A vaginal yeast infection can cause discomfort. Would you like to get rid of it naturally? Here are some highly effective remedies for a yeast infection.
These remedies for vaginal yeast infections are homemade preparations that combine ingredients to help stop the growth of Candida albicans.
Even though this is a microorganism that naturally inhabits all vaginas, when it grows in excess, it can result in itching and discomfort. This includes excessive vaginal discharge and a bad odor. Also, a vaginal yeast infection sometimes triggers a burning sensation when urinating and pain during sex.
Do you think you may have one? Don’t hesitate to use any of the following remedies to help get rid of it.
Home Remedies for a Vaginal Yeast Infection
It’s important to be clear that a vaginal yeast infection isn’t a sexually transmitted disease (STD). While sexual contact may trigger it, any woman can develop it, even those who aren’t sexually active.
Alterations in the bacterial flora of the vagina, as well as the weakening of the immune system, are factors that can trigger this problem. It’s also related to certain hormonal changes, stress, and diabetes, among others.
Today, we’d like to tell you about four remedies to treat a vaginal yeast infection at home.
1. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is a natural antifungal, according to research. While evidence about its effects is still uncertain, several studies suggest it can help kill various types of fungi.
Researchers were able to determine that microorganisms such as Candida albicans are quite vulnerable to concentrated coconut oil. The dosage is, in fact, lower than fluconazole, an antifungal medication usually prescribed for this type of infection.
How to Use It?
- First, get some good quality, cold-pressed virgin coconut oil. Refined ones are of lower quality.
- To treat a vaginal yeast infection, soak a clean tampon with coconut oil and insert it into your vagina.
- Leave it in for a couple of hours and then remove it.
Caution: Don’t use this remedy if you’re not sure you do have a vaginal yeast infection. Also, avoid it if you’re pregnant or if you are allergic to coconut oil.
2. Treat a Vaginal Yeast Infection with Wild Oregano Oil
Wild oregano oil is one of the best remedies to treat vaginal yeast infections naturally. Due to its antifungal and antimicrobial powers, it’s often used in alternative medicine as a supplement to treat all sorts of infections.
How to Use It?
- Dilute 3 or 4 drops of wild oregano oil in a teaspoon of olive oil.
- Take it orally 2 or 3 times a day after eating. You can pour it into capsules to make it easier to take.
3. Boric Acid
Boric acid is an effective treatment when the goal is to eradicate fungi. Thanks to its acidic pH, it alters the environment that fungi need to grow, facilitating infection control.
However, it should be used with caution when it comes to treating a vaginal yeast infection.
How to Use It?
- First, get some boric acid with a concentration of less than 2%. If you choose a higher one, it will be counterproductive in your delicate area.
- Then, once you have the product on hand, separate it into capsules. You can find empty ones at most drug stores. Then, introduce one capsule into your vagina.
- If symptoms persist, repeat it the next day. Don’t use more than once per day.
Caution: If you have another type of infection or are pregnant, avoid using this remedy. You should never take it orally. Consult your doctor if you have any questions.
This plant doesn’t exactly kill the fungi that cause this infection. However, its external application through baths can help calm symptoms such as irritation of the intimate area, itching, and excess discharge. The plant’s properties are soothing and anti-inflammatory.
How to Use It?
- To begin, boil several leaves of mallow in a pint of water.
- Then, when it boils, remove it from the heat. Let it steep until the temperature is suitable for bathing.
- Next, strain the concoction and do a sitz bath.
- Finally, repeat the next day if symptoms persist.
Have you ever tried any of these remedies to treat a vaginal yeast infection?
Don’t hesitate to make them at home if you experience their symptoms. Of course, keep in mind that it’s always best to consult a doctor to get an accurate diagnosis. They can also suggest other treatments.