Coconut Oil Cream to Rejuvenate Eye Contours
The mixture of coconut oil and Vitamin E is perfect for moisturizing your skin, and to rejuvenate your eye contours by preventing wrinkles.
Some people resort to coconut oil to deeply moisturize and rejuvenate eye contours. In fact, this substance has become a great beauty ally for many years, given its nutritional value and properties.
Below we’ll tell you how you can include it in a proper skincare routine and what its main contributions are. Take note!
Natural cosmetics and skincare
The skin around the eyes is one of the most delicate areas of the face since it’s much thinner than the rest of the body. In addition, it has a natural tendency to dry out because it has fewer sebaceous and sweat glands than the rest of the body. Therefore, it can easily develop premature wrinkles.
Bad life habits affect the health of the skin, including around the eyes. However, it’s possible to rejuvenate the eye contour by improving it and learning to take care of the skin.
Did you know you can Revitalize Your Hair with Clay and Coconut Oil?
Home-made coconut oil cream for eye contours
Coconut oil is an excellent alternative for skincare because it moisturizes deeply, has a pleasant aroma, and is easily absorbed.
Some people put a few drops of this oil in their body cream, to enrich it, while others use a couple of drops directly to apply it carefully around the eyes, before going to sleep. Additionally, there are people who apply it to their hair, to provide it with extra hydration.
Some think its fatty acids and antioxidants not only give it moisturizing and softening properties but also antimicrobial and antifungal effects that would decrease the risk of infections.
It contains lauric acid, a component that regulates the natural pH of the skin while promoting cell restructuring. In fact, according to experts:
“Lauric acid represents more than 45% of the fatty acids in coconut oil”.
Its application helps preserve the right levels of collagen and elastin, two essential substances for the firmness and youthfulness of the skin. They also think it can reduce the negative impact of free radicals.
In general, coconut oil helps deeply moisturize the skin and reduce the harmful effects of the sun’s UV rays.
Vitamin E oil
In the popular arena, vitamin E is known as “the vitamin of youth and life” due to its antioxidant properties that can help maintain skin health.
Its essential oil softens the skin, moisturizes the eye area, and prevents the development of “crow’s feet” or fine wrinkles. Therefore, it’s a common ingredient in the various cosmetic products out there.
How to prepare this natural coconut oil cream
Here is how to prepare the homemade cream with coconut and vitamin E. For best results, you can use virgin coconut oil.
- 6 ½ tbsp of organic coconut oil
- 3 capsules of vitamin E
- 1 airtight bottle
- Firstly, heat the coconut oil at a low temperature; then, add the three capsules of vitamin E oil
- Remove from the heat when both are well mixed in
- Then, allow them to cool down for a few minutes
- Pour the mixture into the airtight bottle, and wait until it solidifies.
- Store in a cool, shady place away from any sources of heat
How to apply the cream
- Make sure to keep your skin clean and dry
- Take a small amount of the cream and gently massage it into the eye area. You can use your little fingertip or a clean sponge.
Some people add a capsule of vitamin E to their cream to enhance its antioxidant properties. They’re convinced it nourishes their skin in-depth and prevents the appearance of wrinkles.
Other care to rejuvenate eye contours
You must maintain a healthy lifestyle besides applying facial skincare products.
- Proper hydration is a must to maintain the overall health of the skin since it helps it perform its functions properly
- A balanced diet, which includes enough fruit and vegetables will provide the body (and therefore the skin) with all the nutrients it needs to be healthy
- The use of sunscreen on a daily basis greatly contributes to your daily care, especially when it comes to preventing wrinkles and blemishes
Finally, we advise consulting a dermatologist before applying a home cream or any natural product to rejuvenate the eye contours. Thus, be sure the option you choose is the most appropriate for your type of skin. Opt for something else otherwise.