Hydrogen peroxide is a compound that is very common in the market, since it is considered one of the safest natural disinfectants available. This product can completely eliminate microorganisms by oxidation, that is through a control burning process.
Although hydrogen peroxide is commonly used for medical purposes, it also has many other uses for cleaning and other jobs around the home. If you are someone who is always searching for ecological alternatives for cleaning, you should know that hydrogen peroxide is full of wonderful qualities that can be very useful.
Uses for hydrogen peroxide in cleaning the home
- Hydrogen peroxide is a very economical product and can become your best ally for house cleaning projects. Dilute in a spray bottle equal parts of hydrogen peroxide (3% concentration) and mineral water and you can use this mixture to disinfect bathrooms, countertops, stovetops, cutting boards, and many other surfaces. This product is very effective and is a great alternative to all those chemical cleaning products which can adversely affect our health.
- To clean your dishwasher, add a splash of hydrogen peroxide to the little soap box.
- Hydrogen peroxide can be an excellent bleach to enhance white colors. This product can eliminate stains from white clothes, whether it is from soft drinks, red wine, blood, or other stains. If it is a blood stain, simply pour some hydrogen peroxide directly to the stain, let it sit for several minutes, scrub it well and then rinse it as usual.
- Soak your toothbrushes in a little hydrogen peroxide in order to completely kill those viruses and bacteria that often accumulate there over time.
- If your pots and pans are stained with remnants of stuck or burned on food, you just need to prepare a paste of baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) with hydrogen peroxide and scrub the affected areas with this mixture. Let is sit for several minutes and then finally rinse it well.
- Mix one part of hydrogen peroxide with two parts water to disinfect your fruits and vegetables before eating them.
Uses for hydrogen peroxide in personal hygiene
- Many people are unaware that hydrogen peroxide can be used as a powerful mouthwash that can help prevent problems caused by bacteria or viruses. This product is economical and effective and with time will even help whiten the teeth. Use the 3% concentration.
- If you want to make a natural toothpaste with the ability to whiten teeth as well, mix 3 parts of baking soda with one part hydrogen peroxide and brush your teeth with this mixture.
- Hydrogen peroxide is not a natural pain reliever, but it can help to reduce tooth pain thanks to its antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal properties, which can fight the infection.
- The regular use of hydrogen peroxide for your teeth also acts as a natural whitener.
- If you want to lighten your hair naturally, prepare a mixture of 50/50 of hydrogen peroxide with water and spray this solution on your wet hair after getting out of the shower. The change is not drastic, but it will gradually lighten your hair if used frequently.
- If you have skin blemishes or spots, hydrogen peroxide can help to diminish them, by applying it directly to the affected area with a cotton swab.
Uses for hydrogen peroxide as a home remedy
- Mix equal parts of hydrogen peroxide and water in a large bowl, soak your feet for 10 minutes and then dry them off immediately. This simple home remedy can help to prevent and fight foot and nail fungus.
- Add two equal parts hydrogen peroxide to hot distilled water and use it in your bath water in order to eliminate yeast infections.
- In case of cuts or scratches, it is best applied two times a day in order to prevent infections and to promote healing.
- Mix equal parts of hydrogen peroxide (3%) with mineral water and spray this mixture where needed to eliminate mites.
- Hydrogen peroxide can also be used as a great natural remedy to fight the symptoms of colds and sinusitis. For this, mix equal parts of hydrogen peroxide with water, apply it the inside of your nose and let it sit for 4 minutes, then blow your nose with a tissue.
- To treat edema (swelling), mix 1 tablespoon of 3% hydrogen peroxide in a liter (32 ounces) of hot distilled water.