Six Herbs and Spices that Promote Hair Growth
Long hair never goes out of style. A lot of people see it as a symbol of beauty and elegance. It’s a goal one can achieve with patience, proper care, and a healthy lifestyle. As a complement, there are some herbs and spices that promote hair growth.
Did you know you can apply rosemary and cinnamon for healthier, longer, and prettier hair? Here’s more about the other herbs and spices you can use.
Herbs and spices that promote hair growth
These kinds of hair care treatments are in fact popular remedies. You can easily make them at home and, the best part is, they don’t lead to harmful side effects when used on an individual basis.
However, people with sensitive skin, allergies, and diseases such as dermatitis and psoriasis should avoid them. This is because they may cause irritation and other discomforts.
Here are some tips to help you grow healthy strong hair. Are you ready? Let’s do it!
No doubt, rosemary is one of the most recommended plants for hair growth. It’s also recommended to give back color and shine to dark hair (medium brown to black) and even to prevent gray hair.
- Rinsing the hair daily with rosemary water revives the color of dark hair and promotes growth.
You might like Six Key Vitamins for Hair Growth
Horsetail is well known for its high content of silicon, a mineral that gives strength to hair, nails, and bones.
- Silicon moisturizes and promotes hair elasticity and strength; thus, makes it more resistant and there’s less breakage.
- Also, it provides essential nutrients to the hair roots so its use to reverse loss is indispensable. It gives strength and prevents brittle strands.
This herb is full of goodness and promotes hair growth. Not only does it prevent loss but it also decreases seborrhea and some types of dandruff.
- Its high content of vitamins (B, C, and E) reduces the harmful effects of free radicals
- It also inhibits excessive fat production and stimulates the circulation of hair tissue providing shine and strength
- Thanks to its cleansing action, it tones up the hair fibers, which also helps oxygenate the scalp
4. Henna is one of the spices that promote hair growth
Drying and grinding the leaves of this plant will give you an amazing natural hair dye. You can use it to add a vibrant reddish tone to brown manes. Additionally, it’s recommended to promote hair growth.
Cinnamon is a popular element that can help brighten up brown tones and stimulate blood circulation in the scalp, which, in turn, promotes hair growth.
As in the previous case, use it as a mask or homemade tonic, just apply it weekly to the scalp in order to benefit from its properties. Make it with the bark or powder you use for cooking.
Curry is a mixture of spices that, according to popular belief, help nourish the hair and promote growth. To benefit from it, make a paste or a mask and apply it weekly to your hair.
Other things to consider besides spices that promote hair growth
For you to achieve hair growth it is essential that you maintain a balanced diet and other good lifestyle habits. In addition, it is essential to use the right care and cleaning products, depending on your hair type.
When you make foods like fish, yogurt, and oatmeal a regular part of your diet, they provide the protein balance necessary to keep your hair healthy.
Finally, avoid chemical products as these weaken your hair roots. Also, be moderate in the use of hot hair appliances and give your hair the love and care that it deserves.