Your hair is what frames your face, so it needs to be cared for and beautiful.
If it happens to be dull and dry, coconut oil can give it the shine and health that will make it look spectacular.
Thanks to coconut oil’s exceptional properties, it can be a great beauty aid.
The effectiveness of coconut oil in a wide variety of hair-related applications has been scientifically proven.
It’s even been argued that coconut oil works better than any other artificial treatment.
This natural wonder contains no alcohol, silicone, or other chemicals that can damage your hair, which helps guarantee its effectiveness.
Half of coconut oil is made up of a fatty acid known as lauric acid. It resembles the natural proteins in your hair, making it stronger and smoother.
In addition to that, this acid has a light molecular structure, helping it to penetrate the interior of the hair to nourish it and give it lots of shine.
What coconut oil should you use?
Although all coconut oil can be beneficial, it’s especially recommended to use virgin or unrefined coconut oil for the following reasons:
- Because it’s unrefined, all its properties are preserved in tact
- The fragrance has not been altered or eliminated
- It hasn’t undergone any process of hydrogenation
- It’s chemical-free
Do not forget to read: Sweeten your life with coconut oil
Uses of coconut oil for hairCoconut oil works amazingly well by repairing any hair-related problems.
In fact, in places like India and the Philippines coconut oil has been used for centuries as a treatment to condition the scalp and prevent dryness.
Let’s look at some of its best uses.
1. Repair dry hair
Coconut oil is a great way to repair hair that is dry from dyes and chemicals, because it penetrates and nourishes the hair deeply from the root to the ends.
- Add three to five tablespoons (45 to 75 g) of coconut oil to a bowl. The amount will vary depending on how long and thick your hair is.
- Rub this in your hands to warm it and apply it gently to the areas of your hair where you need it the most.
- Remember to wear old clothes, as the oil may drip and stain your garments.
- Use your fingers to spread the oil through your hair at first. Then you can use a comb to gently apply it to the areas that most need it.
- Cover your head with a shower cap or towel.
- Leave the oil on for about two hours, or for a deeper effect you can leave it on all night.
- After that time, wash your hair with your favorite shampoo and repeat this process two to three times, until there is no oily residue in the hair.
- Dry naturally and enjoy your hair’s new softness and shine.
2. Eliminate dandruffIn addition to its applications in hair beauty, coconut oil is a natural antifungal agent that makes it ideal for treating dandruff, both in prevention and elimination.
- To obtain this effect, you need to apply coconut oil to your scalp one to four times a month.
- Leave it on for an hour and then wash normally with an anti-dandruff shampoo.
- The moisturizing properties will also help correct problems associated with dandruff.
Do you want to know more? See: Homemade dandruff recipes
3. Combine it with aloe for a luxurious treatmentIf you need to urgently revive your hair, combine two natural wonders like aloe vera and coconut oil. You’ll see how after this treatment you have incredible looking hair.
- Take 10 leaves of the aloe plant, slice them open, and extract the clear gel from inside.
- Place the gel in a bowl and add the equivalent amount of coconut oil.
- Heat it over very low heat until you obtain a homogeneous mixture. After it has warmed, apply it evenly throughout your hair.
- Cover with a shower cap and leave it on for 30 minutes.
- After this time, rinse and wash as you normally would using shampoo and conditioner, a maximum of two times.
- Dry as usual and enjoy the incredible beauty of your hair.
Pamper your hair using coconut oil. When you see the results of its regular use, you’ll be sure to incorporate it into your beauty routine to keep your hair looking spectacular.