Two Ways to Make Low-fat Broth
Looking for some great diet recipes? Try these two delicious and healthy low-fat broth recipes. We know you're going to love them!
You’ve probably had to eat a few unpleasant or boring broths throughout your life. Fortunately, however, there are plenty of tricks and recipes for making delicious and nutritious broths at home. Learn two recipes for low-fat broth and start to make them in this article.
In order to make these low-fat broths, you should first learn about the amazing benefits that almost all of the ingredients in a low-fat broth have.
So, if you want to get the most out of recipe you make, you should understand that taste and nutrition can go hand in hand. The truth is that eating quality foods while also losing weight is more than possible.
There are many benefits of low-fat broths. However, there are a few things you should keep in mind.
Many of the vitamins and minerals that you get on a daily basis are from highly processed and essentially synthetic products. Thus, not much of what you eat is actually absorbed. However, if you include vegetables, fruits, and other healthy options, you will notice that they will be absorbed more effectively, which help improve your health and encourage healthy weight loss.
To get the most out of the vitamins and minerals in broth, we’ll show you two options for low-fat broth that you shouldn’t miss out on. You can eat them at any time of the day.
Two low-fat broth recipes
1. Classic vegetable soup
This is perhaps the best known soup, regardless of where you are reading from. We’re pretty sure that you have eaten this dish at some point in your life.
Here’s a great recipe for vegetable broth:
- 3 cups of asparagus (500 g)
- 2 large carrots
- 2 leeks
- 1 large potato
- 1 large green pepper
- 2 tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons of salt (45 g)
- First, wash all of the ingredients well.
- Then, put a large pot of water on to boil.
- While the water boils, start to chop the vegetables into pieces, but not too small.
- Add the chopped vegetables to the boiling water with salt. Let them cook for about 30 minutes. The time may vary depending on the intensity of the heat.
- Make sure to taste-test the broth and, depending on how you like it, you can add more salt.
- Finally, turn off the heat, wait for it to cool and then eat.
2. Low-fat broth made from fish
Fish is one of the best ingredients you can use. If, in addition to losing weight, you also want to add protein and incredible flavor, making this simple recipe is a great option.
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 2 potatoes
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 sprig of parsley
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 hake head or its spine
- 2 fillets of hake
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (15 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of salt (30 g)
- 2 cups of fresh clams (320 g)
- First, put a large pot of water on to boil.
- Before it starts to boil, add salt, the sprig of parsley and olive oil to the pot.
- Next, add the halves of each vegetable to the pot, except the garlic.
- After about two minutes, add the spine, fish head and cook everything in the pot for about 20 minutes.
- Then, add the hake fillets and clams and let them boil for another 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove the vegetables from the broth and save them.
- Put them in a blender and blend them. Save the mixture.
- Strain the broth. Remove any lumps or leftover vegetable or fish pieces and put them in a new pot.
- Add the freshly mashed vegetables to the broth and stir.
- Last, add a little more salt and, if you have more clams, parboil them for another 5 minutes.
- Serve it hot and enjoy your low-fat fish and clam broth.