Softer Feet with Just Two Natural Ingredients
We can’t deny that the feet are one of the most neglected parts of the body. This is despite the fact that they have the hardest job – supporting the weight of the entire body. Getting softer feet can be difficult sometimes.
What’s more is that they’re exposed to dust, dirt and other environmental elements that erode the quality of the skin protecting them.
Little by little, the skin of the feet may lose its natural moisture and develop unsightly problems. Some examples of these are cracking, calluses, and fungal infections.
For this reason, many people spend a lot of money on costly pedicure products and professional treatments to improve their condition. However, there are a few 100% natural solutions that may be effective in improving the health of the skin on your feet.
One such treatment is made with only milk and baking soda. The exfoliating action of this substance removes dead cells and softens calluses, leaving you with softer feet.
We’ll share the simple formula and all its benefits below. Are you ready to give it a try?
How does this treatment give you softer feet?
This natural remedy for firmer softer foot skin works by combining the properties of milk with the astringent and antiseptic properties of baking soda.
These two ingredients are totally eco-friendly and can be purchased inexpensively at any supermarket.
Benefits of milk
Milk is rich in fats, proteins and essential vitamins. This is what makes it so good for restoring damaged skin and relieving dryness and other skin problems.
Its active ingredient, lactic acid, regulates the skin’s natural pH to improve its moisture-retaining capabilities. It also alters the environment that fungi need to thrive.
It contains up to 30% of the proteins necessary for collagen and elastin production. These are two compounds essential for skin health.
Using it on the feet decreases roughness, repairs the cuticles and creates a protective barrier against infections.
We should also point out that it has a lightening effect that helps remove dead skin cells and dark marks.
See also: Benefits of Almond Milk
Benefits of baking soda
This white powder is one of the best natural remedies to soften the hard skin of the feet and remove calluses.
It’s exfoliating action removes dead skin cells and renews the skin’s appearance for cleaner, more beautiful feet.
You should read: Just Two Ingredients Kill Nail Fungus
How do I make a buttermilk and baking soda bath for softer feet?
Now that you know all about the benefits of this interesting treatment, it’s time to make it by following the steps below.
Generally, you should perform this treatment up to three times a week, but to treat dryness or calluses, it should be done daily until the condition improves and you obtain softer feet.
- 3 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons baking soda
- First, warm the milk until comfortable for the feet, then pour into a tub and soak your feet for 5-10 minutes.
- Now, add the baking soda and gently massage onto your feet.
- If you like, you can try rubbing them with a pumice stone to help remove calluses.
- Let them soak for another five minutes then remove any excess with a wet cloth.
- Take a clean towel and thoroughly dry your feet.
- We recommend doing it at night so that your feet are nice and fresh in the morning.
- To complete this treatment, apply a little petroleum jelly to increase the moisturizing effect.
For best results for softer feet
- Use this foot bath several times a week, even if you don’t have calluses or similar problems.
- If you’re worried about calluses, make sure your shoes fit well and are breathable. Tight shoes contribute to further deterioration of the feet.
- Sprinkle a little corn starch inside your shoes to absorb moisture and prevent fungi.
- Remember to pay special attention to the nails as their hygiene is essential to prevent fungal infections.
Are your feet calloused and unsightly? Add this remedy to your beauty routine to improve their health and get softer feet in no time.