Combine These Two Ingredients and Relieve Sinusitis
Your sinuses are air-filled cavities of bone that are located inside your skull, near the nose.
They’re lined with cells that produce mucus, which keeps the area lubricated while you breathe.
When you have a bacterial or viral infection, however, this soft tissue can become inflamed and you develop a condition known as sinusitis.
As a result, your mucus secretions are altered and increase in quantity, which you may notice are also a yellow or greenish color.
In addition to this, severe headaches and a feeling of intense pressure from the nose and upward are usually present.
The infection is acute when it occurs after a cold or a reaction to pollutants in your environment. But some people suffer from chronic sinusitis that can last longer, between 10 and 12 weeks.
In any case, there are some natural remedies to control your symptoms and relieve sinusitis.
In today’s article we want to share one that’s very interesting and only uses two amazing ingredients.
Are you ready to find out what it is?
Relieve sinusitis with the combination of these two ingredients
This treatment for sinusitis comes from a combination of ginger root and apple cider vinegar.
Both foods are known for their anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and decongestant properties that support the treatment of a variety of conditions.
In this case, you’ll maximize their benefits with a simple mixture that serves as a treatment for excess mucus production as a result of viral and bacterial infections, as well as inflammation.
See also Detox diet with apple cider vinegar
The benefits of ginger
Ginger root contains an active compound known as gingerol that’s been used for centuries as a treatment for digestive and respiratory disorders.
Its high content of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals strengthens the body’s immune response to deal with viruses and bacteria that cause inflammation of the soft tissues of the sinuses.
Ginger reduces allergic reactions and acts as an antifungal to prevent the overgrowth of fungi.
Its aromatic properties help clear the nose of mucus and soothe the pain associated with sinusitis.
The benefits of apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a natural source of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and other trace elements that support the treatment of sinusitis.
Its properties strengthen the body’s defenses and reduce your risk of allergies, colds, the flu, and other respiratory difficulties that are associated with this condition.
It contains a lot of potassium, a mineral that reduces the excess production of mucus and alleviates congestion.
The antiseptic properties of apple cider vinegar fight infection and clear mucus to facilitate its removal.
How do you relieve sinusitis with apple cider vinegar and ginger?
Now that you know what the benefits are of these ingredients, the next step is to make your home remedy for sinusitis.
Note that you must use 100% organic apple cider vinegar, because the refined varieties don’t contain the same medicinal properties.
- 1 large piece of ginger root
- 1 cup of organic apple cider vinegar (250 ml)
- Grate the ginger root and add it, along with the vinegar, to a glass jar with a lid.
- Store this mixture in a cool, dark place for 10 days.
- During this time, shake it periodically to keep it mixed.
How to use it
- To treat sinusitis you need to inhale this treatment for five minutes, twice a day.
- At night, moisten a cloth with the mixture and place it over your neck for an hour.
- Repeat this procedure for five days to achieve the best results.
- If your condition doesn’t improve after this time, consult your doctor for other remedies.
Visit this article: How to lose belly fat with the help of ginger
Another way to harness the power of ginger for sinusitis is to inhale the vapors of a ginger tea.
- 5 tablespoons of freshly grated ginger (50 g)
- 1 liter of water
What should you do?
- Grate the fresh ginger and heat it in a pot with the liter of water.
- Let it boil for three minutes, remove from heat, and cover your head with a towel to inhale the vapors over the pot.
- Inhale the vapors for five minutes.
- Repeat this every night before you go to bed.
The recipes here are excellent complements for other treatments for those uncomfortable symptoms caused by sinusitis.
Try these remedies and you’ll relieve sinusitis within days.