Tuna Stuffed Tomatoes: A Light and Delicious Recipe
Tuna stuffed tomatoes are an excellent dish made from two diametrically opposing food groups: fruit and meat. Nevertheless, these two ingredients complement each other and make a delicious side for any meal.
On one hand, you have the incredible properties of the tomato with antioxidants, protein, essential trace elements, and vitamins. Tuna by itself is an amazing source of protein and minerals, as well.
For a single serving, there are around 250 calories per 300 grams in this preparation. The amounts can vary as long as you adapt the recipe according to your caloric needs and portion requirements. However, remember that this is not a substitute for a main dish.
One thing to remember when preparing meals is the nutrition content in each ingredient. Tomatoes, as the main ingredient here, are filled with vitamins and other healthy nutrients, and tuna is one of the best protein choices you can make.
Without a doubt, tuna is an excellent source of lean protein from white meat with plenty of healthy nutrients. In this recipe, you’ll find:
- Omega-3 fatty acids
- Minerals like phosphorus, magnesium, zinc, potassium, and calcium
The above are present in every serving of this amazing side dish. It will vary depending on the quality of the fish you choose, but they are all present. This contributes to the energy you’ll derive from this recipe.
Now all you need to do is prepare some delicious tuna stuffed tomatoes by following the recipe we’ll share with you today. Don’t worry – it’s very easy to prepare!
How to Make Tuna Stuffed Tomatoes at Home
Some Extra Facts
The title of today’s article refers to the light and delicious qualities of this recipe.
What we’re about to share with you will make your life a little easier so you can make the most of this amazing recipe.
- Tomatoes and tuna have only 32 calories per serving and very low fat.
- Of the caloric makeup, 46% is broken down into healthy fats, 45% becomes proteins, and only 9% is carbohydrates.
In other words, if you’re wanting to take better care of yourself and your weight, what better way than with this delicious snack or side dish?
It will help stifle those food cravings that strike late at night and you can also consume it without worrying about any negative impacts.
Without and further ado, here’s the recipe.
Don’t miss: Four Food Combinations to Lose Weight Easily
Stuffed Tomatoes with Tuna
It won’t take more than 20 minutes to make these from scratch.
- 4 large red tomatoes
- 8 olives
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 2 cans of tuna (without oil) (250 g)
- 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise (15 ml)
Did you know? 7 Reasons to Eat More Tomatoes
- First, you should wash the tomatoes very well before proceeding with the recipe.
- After the previous step, place the tomatoes on a wooden cutting board and make a hole in the middle of each one with a sharp knife.
- Remove the tomato filling and discard. Depending on the consistency of the tomato this step may take a little time.
- Next, proceed to make the filling that will go into the tomatoes.
- In a small bowl, add the tuna without oil, a pinch of salt, a pinch of ground pepper, and the tablespoon of mayonnaise.
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Fill each tomato with the tuna mixture.
- You can serve these as soon as the filling is complete.If you want more flavor, however, you can bake them in the oven for 15 minutes at 350ºF.