Tuna Fillet Burgers: A Healthy Recipe
Do your children refuse to eat fish? If so, perhaps you should try making some tasty tuna fillet burgers to incorporate fish into your children’s diets.
Making homemade tuna fillet burgers is easy. You’ll see that it’s a healthy and tasty recipe that’ll delight everyone in the family.
Tuna Fillet Burgers
Tuna is one of the so-called “blue fish”. It has dark, fatty skin and an intense aroma. Specialists recommend its consumption because it contains a significant amount of omega-3 fatty acids, B vitamins, and minerals such as phosphorus, iron, and magnesium.
In addition, 100 grams contain 200 calories and 23 grams of protein.
Recipe Difficulty: Easy
Time Required: Approximately 1 hour
Don’t miss: Learn How to Make Delicious Tuna Fillings
- 400 grams of boneless fresh tuna
- 2 eggs
- Breadcrumbs (amount needed)
- Milk (amount needed)
- Salt (to taste)
- Ginger and/or parsley (optional)
How to Make Tuna Fillet Burgers
- Make sure the tuna is boneless. If it isn’t, remove the bones with tweezers.
- Cut the tuna fillet into 1 cm (1/2 inch) cubes. Add the salt and mix it so it salts all the fish equally. Set aside.
- Break the eggs into a bowl. Add the ginger and parsley (this step is optional) and stir. Set aside.
- Soak the breadcrumbs in the milk. This way, the tuna fillet burgers will have a smooth texture. We recommend starting with a few breadcrumbs and a splash of milk. They should be moist, but not dripping.
- Pour the soaked breadcrumbs into the bowl of eggs. Mix.
- Add the tuna fillet cubes and mix with your hands until you get a smooth dough. If it’s too liquid, add more breadcrumbs. If it’s too dry, add some milk. To make it more elastic, add more soaked breadcrumbs.
- Let the mixture sit in the refrigerator for at least half an hour.
- When it’s cold, you can make your tuna fillet patties. To do this, take some of the mixture with a spoon, make a ball, and flatten it with hands. Using your fingers, give the patty a round shape.
- Grill your patties over medium heat until cooked through.
- Serve with whatever you wish.
Tuna Fillet Burgers with Garlic
Another option is to make the patties with Atlantic Blue Fin tuna.
- 300 grams of Atlantic Blue Fin tuna fillets
- 2 eggs
- 1 garlic clove
- Breadcrumbs (amount needed)
- The juice of 1/2 lemon
- Ginger (optional)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
This article may interest you: A Delicious Tuna Sandwich Recipe
- Clean the tuna if you didn’t buy it clean. Make sure it’s boneless.
- Cut the tuna fillet into small cubes. The smaller the cubes, the better. Add salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Peel the garlic clove. The easiest way to do it is by placing it inside a jar and shaking it. The skin will come off in no time! Then, finely chop it.
- Mix the tuna with the chopped garlic.
- Add the eggs, ginger, and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Add the breadcrumbs slowly until you get a firm but malleable dough.
- Let the dough sit in the refrigerator for at least 40 minutes. This way, the flavors will infuse.
- Take the dough out of the refrigerator and prepare the patties as we explained in the previous recipe.
- Grill until thoroughly cooked and serve with salad or bread.
Some IdeasMaking your own hamburger bread, adding new vegetables, or serving with a poached egg are some ideas you can use to give your dish a different touch.
- Although we recommend using fresh tuna, you can use frozen or canned tuna as well. In the latter case, it’s important to drain it well to remove the excess water or oil.
- You can serve the hamburgers by themselves or accompanied by potatoes, salads, or grilled vegetables.
- Consider making homemade bread, as it’ll go great with your patties.
- This dish also goes great with a poached egg, tomato, and lettuce. You can add all the vegetables you want to pack it with more vitamins and minerals.
- If you have time, prepare caramelized onions, as they add a different flavor to the dish.
Try making these delicious tuna fillet hamburgers. You’ll see that your entire family will love them, and soon this dish will become a part of your regular menu!It might interest you...