Try this Recipe for Chicken in Cheese Sauce
There are some recipes that are sure to be a success at the table on any occasion. This is the case with this delicious recipe for chicken in cheese sauce.
Chicken and cheese are very good companions since their flavors work very well together. For this reason, a recipe for chicken in cheese sauce is a safe bet, especially when accompanied by a garnish of mixed vegetables.
Chicken in our diets
Chicken, in the form of a domesticated animal, comes from the region of the Indus River Valley. This region is located in what is now Afghanistan, Pakistan and northern India. This domestication occurred about 4,500 years ago.
The development of trade caused it to later be brought to Persia. Later, chickens arrived in Europe thanks to the Germans and through the work of the Roman Empire.
Chicken in the Middle Ages
In the Middle Ages, lunches offered by the feudal lords were a symbol of power and ostentation. Chicken was served whole, and the cooks prepared it in different ways. It was highly valued for different kinds of banquets.
When the end of harvest season came, the people celebrated by eating chicken. This was a way of showing gratitude to God for the success of the harvest.
Any recipe for chicken in cheese sauce contains a lot of gastronomic history.
Meanwhile, cheese goes back to the time of animal domestication. This places us very probably in the Neolithic period.
The most widespread version in history is that cheese was not invented, but appeared spontaneously. Upon seeing milk curdling naturally, the process was assimilated and then provoked using different techniques.
Visit this article: 5 Foods You Thought Were Bad But Nutritionists Recommend
Recipe for chicken in cheese sauce
- 100 g of cream cheese
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 cup of evaporated milk (200 mL)
- Salt and pepper as needed
- 1 large spoonful of butter (20 g)
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into cubes (400 g)
- 1 onion, diced (150 g)
- 1/2 glass of seasoning juice or chicken broth (100 mL)
- Melt the butter in a large pan or in a pot.
- The diced chicken should be seasoned previously with salt and pepper. Fry it in the butter and stir to avoid browning. It must be cooked, but not browned.
- Chicken meat contains liquid, and it will come out while cooking. You must wait for this liquid to evaporate.
- Then, add the onion and garlic, and cook until the onion becomes transparent. Add the seasoning or half a cup of chicken broth.
- Finally, pour the evaporated milk into the pan over the chicken, onion and garlic. You should also add in the cream cheese.
- Let this cook over medium heat or low until the breast is perfectly cooked and the cream has reduced.
This is a dish that goes very well alone or can also be combined with pasta. It is simple and succulent and a good idea for any meeting. It will be a pleasant surprise for your family.
Chicken in cheese sauce: A simple and quick recipe
- 1 fillet of chicken breast (500g)
- 3 cylinders of cheese, cut into portions
- 1 tablespoon spreadable cheese (15 g)
- 1/2 cup of grated cheese (100 g)
- 1 cup of cream (200 mL)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Parsley and chives
- Clean the fillets and remove any remaining fat left on them. They must be dry for cooking; you can use kitchen blotting paper for this.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over each fillet to taste, and brown them in a pan with a little oil.
- When they are golden, remove them, cover them and set them aside.
- In the remaining oil from the pan, melt the three types of cheese while stirring continuously.
- Add the cream and keep stirring. The sauce should be reduced and thickened.
- Adjust the amount of salt to taste.
- When serving, place the breast fillets in bowls and cover with the sauce, garnish them with chopped parsley and chives.
Enjoy this delicious recipe!It might interest you...