Try This Healthy Potato and Spinach Burger Recipe
Burgers are traditionally associated with grilled meats. However, today we’d like to show you how to prepare a potato and spinach burger, a very tasty vegetarian option.
Discover how to prepare a burger for those who don’t consume animal proteins or want to join the worldwide campaign of Meatless Monday.
Follow these steps to make a delicious spinach burger!
Potato and spinach burgers: A fast food that’s still healthy
These are healthy burgers to claim the name of “fast food.” In fact, you can have a healthier menu without sacrificing flavor or fun.
Potatoes and spinach take the place of meat in this recipe. It’s all about fusing the two ingredients to make a seasoned vegetable “meat.”You can even dispense with the hamburger bun, as the recipe contains carbohydrates (potato). Instead, take two lettuce leaves!
Without further ado, here’s the recipe for a potato and spinach burger. Oh, but here’s a tip: Make it at home and try to make all the products are homemade, starting with the bread. It really makes a difference.
Ingredients for a potato and spinach burger
Ingredients for six servings
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 ½ cup of spinach leaves, fresh and clean
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup of onion cut in brunoise
- ½ cup finely chopped parsley
- ½ scallion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (20 ml)
- 1 teaspoon oregano (5 g)
- 1 teaspoon paprika (4g)
- 1 teaspoon cumin (4 g)
- 200 g breadcrumbs
- 2 beaten egg yolks
You might find this interesting: Ten Healthy Foods to Regulate Your Digestion
Making the potato and spinach burgers
- To begin, place a pot with plenty of water on the stove. While the water is boiling, clean, peel and cut the potatoes into irregular pieces. Cutting them will make the cooking process faster.
- Then, poach the potatoes in the boiling water until they’re soft when punctured with a fork or knife.
- Then, take the spinach leaves, clean them, and cut them very thinly.
- Make very fine cuts with the rest of the vegetables, the onion, the chives, the garlic, and the parsley.
- After the potatoes are tender, drain them and put them in a bowl. Then, with the help of a fork or a masher, start mashing the potatoes. At this point, add a dash of olive oil, a touch of salt and pepper. Continue mashing and set it aside.
- Next, heat a pan with oil and place the onion, garlic, and chives until they crystallize. Add the seasonings: oregano, paprika, soy sauce, and cumin. Finally, add the spinach.
- Next, add this mixture to the mashed potatoes, then the two beaten egg yolks. Start to mix until you have a smooth and creamy mixture.
- Afterward, wet our hands a little and start making balls of five centimeters in diameter. Then, flatten them between the palms of our hands.
- Finally, grill both sides of the potato and spinach burger with breadcrumbs and place them in plastic wrap.
- Put them in the fridge right away so that they get some consistency.
You’ll definitely like this article: 8 Healthy Foods that are Trending in 2021
Cooking the burgers
- After an hour in the fridge, we take them out and cook them. To do this, you can either bake them, fry them, or use your favorite cooking method for burgers: grill them to keep their juices. If that’s the case, you can marinate them with a dressing of flavored oil and fine herbs.
- Now it’s time for the fun part. Assemble the burgers with fresh arugula leaves or lettuce mix, homemade bread (optional), tomato and red onion rings, tomato sauce, homemade mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, and a rich blue cheese or aged cheese for a gourmet touch. You could also add pickles or tasty guacamole to these potato and spinach burgers.
- Finally, when served with potato chips or a fresh salad, they make a great lunch or family meal.
Another idea is to put a piece of gouda cheese or the cheese of your choice in the middle of the spinach and potato burger. This way, at the moment of eating it, you’ll have that great texture of the cheese in the heart of your burger.
We know you’re going to love this recipe. Give it a try!It might interest you...