Try This Easy Hummus Recipe with Paprika
Here's an easy hummus recipe with a twist of paprika. This is a wholesome recipe you can enjoy in all of your meals or as a snack. Are you ready to learn to make it at home?
This is an easy hummus recipe with a touch of paprika. You may not know it, but this Middle Eastern dish isn’t only a nutritional dream; it’s also low-calorie.
For this recipe, we’ll pretty much follow a traditional recipe with the basic ingredients: chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, and fresh garlic. The only thing we’ll add is a dash of paprika, though you may also use cayenne pepper if you like it hot.
This recipe is as delicious as it’s versatile. So, we also want you to know that you can add other ingredients to vary its taste. A
Are you ready?
To hummus or not to hummus?
Chickpeas are the main ingredient for hummus. This is a legume that stands out as a fantastic source of many essential nutrients. So, if you still need a reason to try out this recipe, then look no more. A 3.5 ounce serving of hummus provides about:
- Calories: 166
- Fat: 9.6 grams
- Protein: 7.9 grams
- Carbs: 14.3 grams
- Fiber: 6.0 grams
- Manganese: 39% of the RDI
- Copper: 26% of the RDI
- Folate: 21% of the RDI
- Magnesium: 18% of the RDI
- Phosphorus: 18% of the RDI
- Iron: 14% of the RDI
- Zinc: 12% of the RDI
- Thiamin: 12% of the RDI
- Vitamin B6: 10% of the RDI
- Potassium: 7% of the RDI
(RDI=recommended daily intake)
You might like: Baba Ghanoush Recipe: A Delicious Way to Eat Eggplant
Easy Hummus Recipe with Paprika
The best way to ensure that you’re consuming a quality hummus with all of its nutritional benefits is to make it yourself at home. So, we’ll show you how to make the traditional recipe and then how to add paprika or other ingredients from there.
- 1 to 1 1/4 c. dry chickpeas (you’ll have 3 cups of chickpeas after you cook them, you may peel them if you prefer a smooth consistency)
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 to 4 ice cubes
- 1/3 cup t’hina (In our culture we know it as “tahini.” Its process is similar to peanut butter, except with sesame seeds instead of peanuts)
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- The juice of 1 lemon
- Hot water (if needed)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Paprika to taste
- First, soak and cook the chickpeas. They must soak overnight before you cook them (unless you enjoy gas!)
- Then, once cooked, you can either peel them for a smooth consistency or leave them as they are for a chunky texture. In any case, add chickpeas and minced garlic to the bowl of a food processor or a blender and puree them.
- Subsequently, while the food processor is still running, add the ice cubes, the tahini, the salt, and the lemon juice. Then, blend it all for about four minutes or so. Check for consistency, and if it’s too thick still, run the processor again and add a little hot water. Do so slowly.
- Continue blending until you reach the desired consistency.
- Then, spread it in a serving bowl and add a generous drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Garnish with a few chickpeas to the middle, if you like. Sprinkle paprika to your taste on top.
- Finally, enjoy it with warm pita wedges and any veggies of your choice.
This easy hummus recipe is a great side dish
Generally, this and other versions of hummus are a great replacement for commercial dressings and dips. Thus, their creamy flavor and texture will certainly improve your many dishes. Also, it won’t add any extra calories. For instance, you can add hummus to your:
- sandwiches and burgers
- deviled eggs
- chicken nuggets and other patties.
- toast, bread, and crackers.
- corn and flour
- any vegetable
- salads, soups, and creams
You might like to read: What is the Most Wholesome Bread?
Hummus is such a wholesome dish. Although the traditional recipe is the best, feel free to experiment with other ingredients such as roasted garlic and peppers, avocado, black beans, cayenne, etc.
Also, don’t be afraid to use tahini. You only need to use 1/3 cup tahini per every three cups of cooked chickpeas for delicious and irresistible hummus. However, feel free to add more to your taste.
Finally, do pay close attention to what you eat with this dish. While it goes well with everything, keep in mind that if you eat it with the fried chicken, you can pretty much forget about it being low in calories! Our advice is that you eat it with other wholesome food such as whole-grain bread and fresh vegetables.