Try This Delicious Chicken Salad Recipe
In this article, we'll tell you how you can make an exquisite chicken salad to impress all your dinner guests.
The following options are great for making a tasty chicken salad for a healthy balanced diet. It’s the perfect dish for any occasion or any time of day!
Chicken Salad with Vegetables
To make enough of this delicious dish for four people, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1/2 onion (30 g)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 stick of celery (30 g)
- 10 stalks of parsley (5 g)
- 1 bag of potatoes (200 g)
- 2 cloves of garlic (2.5 g)
- 2 chicken breasts (250 g)
- 1 pack of carrots (200 g)
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise (100 g)
- 1 teaspoon of mustard (5 g)
- Black pepper and salt (to taste)
- To begin cooking this chicken salad, you first need to peel the carrots and potatoes.
- Then, cook them in a pan with water and salt.
- Once the carrots have been boiling for 8 minutes, remove them from the pan.
- Then, add the greens whole.
- The potatoes should remain on the heat for around 20 to 25 minutes. If you poke them with a fork, you’ll be able to check that they’re cooked through.
- Finely chop the cloves of garlic.
- Then, put the chicken breasts in a different pan of water and add the onion and garlic.
- Add the bay leaf and a little salt to the chicken and cook over a low heat until the water begins to boil. Once it reaches a boil, reduce the flame to a minimum and continue to cook the chicken for a further 15 minutes.
- Once the potatoes and carrots are ready, cut them into small pieces. Do the same with the chicken once it is ready and well-cooked.
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and add the mayonnaise and mustard. Finally, mix everything well.
Chicken Salad with Tangerines
This second chicken salad recipe is even easier to make than the last one.It combines the pleasant texture of chicken with the sweet fresh taste of tangerines.It’s the perfect dish for any dinner in the springtime.
To make enough for two people, you will need:
- 1/2 cucumber (30 g)
- 1/2 lettuce (100 g)
- 2 tomatoes (120 g)
- 2 tangerines (60 g)
- 1 chicken breast (100 g)
- 1/2 cup of sweet corn (50 g)
- 1 tablespoon of honey (5 ml)
- 1/4 cup of grated cheese (30 g)
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice (5 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (10 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (5 ml)
Making the Salad
- To begin making this delicious salad, first wash the tomatoes, cucumber, and lettuce.
- Tear the lettuce and chop the tomatoes and cucumber into small chunks. Then, mix them all in a bowl.
- Next, put the chicken under a hot grill with one tablespoon of olive oil, turning it regularly until it’s cooked through.
- Then, transfer it to a plate and chop it up to make sure that it’s well-cooked. If part of the chicken breast is not cooked enough, put it back under the grill for a bit longer until cooked.
- Once the chicken is ready, peel the tangerines and separate out the segments. Chop them into small cubes so that the juice is let out and mixes well with the salad. It’ll really accentuate the flavor!
Making the Dressing and Mixing the Salad
Once everything is ready, mix the chicken, tangerines, vegetables, sweet corn, and grated cheese in a bowl. In a separate small bowl, make the dressing with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, lemon juice, honey, and vinegar.
To finish this delicious chicken salad, pour the dressing over the rest of the ingredients. Stir well so that the dressing and tangerine juice covers everything, particularly the chicken breast.
Either of these great dishes works as a light, refreshing, tasty meal. They’re perfect for any lunch or dinner in the springtime, whether on your own or with friends and family.