Try This Chicken Burger that's High in Protein Content
In this article, we’ll focus on a recipe for a chicken burger that’s high in protein.
What exactly sets these apart from the ones sold at the fast-food burger chain restaurants? Answering this question will be the key to understanding a concept that’s seldom taken into account when we eat food: high protein content.
What you need to know about the chicken burger recipe we’ll bring you today is that in order to take advantage of the nutrients it contains, it’s necessary to carefully select all its ingredients. In other words, the chicken is the protagonist of this preparation and second to none.
You might’ve heard that chicken is rich in proteins, particularly the so-called “lean” type, which is packed with oligo-elements that are essential to the body. In addition, these elements are necessary because our bodies don’t actually produce them and only absorb them from certain types of food.
Now, given the bad reputation that fast-food burger joints have, it’s normal to think of hamburgers as junk food that are an excessive source of fat, bad cholesterol, and carbohydrates. However, what propagandists seldom mention is that the health properties of food depend on the quality of the elements that comprise it and on the size of the portions that we ingest.
Luckily, it’s possible to have a tasty burger and that’s healthy, too, as long as the burger is homemade and contains the best high in protein ingredients such as chicken or turkey.
Today, we’ll present a chicken burger recipe that’s high in protein content so you can make it at home. It’s simple, practical and doesn’t go against the most important values that must be present in your diet.
Is any protein source appropriate for this recipe?
The answer to this question is a bit tricky. Hypothetically, yes. That is, almost all elements present in nature contain proteins. For this reason, there are many alternatives to meat such as soybeans or lentils.
However, on the other hand, not all elements contain whole protein. Therefore, they don’t all impact the functioning and nutrition of the human body in the same way. In this sense, proteins that originate from animals are those that contain all essential and non-essential amino acids that our body needs.
Without all the amino acids it needs, the body can’t properly develop muscle mass and it can’t secrete chemical compositions for the proper functioning of certain cells. Thus, taking meat out of your diet entirely is not necessarily good and isn’t recommended.
Be very careful about removing any essential foods from your diet. The best meals are balanced, naturally colorful and contain a little bit of every food group.
Also, if you must choose between one type of ingredient that’s high in protein content for a hamburger, then the choice that will provide you with the best nutritional results is, without a doubt, found in leaner meats such as chicken, turkey, and fish.
Recipe for Chicken Burger that’s High in Protein
- 1 hamburger bun
- 1 boneless chicken breast fillet, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 slices of tomato, washed
- A leaf of romaine lettuce, washed and folded
- 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 slice of mozzarella cheese
- 2 slices of pickles
- 1 tbsp of ketchup
- 1 tbsp of mustard
Discover: Chicken Breast With Fruit Sauce Recipe
- First, heat the olive oil in a pan at medium heat (olive oil burns easily at high temperatures) and add the chicken breast.
- Then, reduce the flame to a minimum and brown it on both sides. This process will take you a total of about 10 minutes.
- Then, place the slice of mozzarella cheese on top of the chicken fillet, just before you remove it from the pan, and wait until it melts just a little bit.
- After, assemble the chicken burger. As with other traditional burgers, if you wish, spread mustard on the bread. Then, place the tomato and the lettuce leaves, and add the chicken breast with the cheese and add the pickles. Add ketchup if you wish. (Even better, you can make your own ketchup from scratch. You can make your own homemade mayonnaise, too!)
- Finally, enjoy!