Try These Recipes for Homemade Sweet Bread
How do you make homemade sweet bread? There are many recipes and many ideas. We'll share some of them with you in this article. Try them!
There’s nothing better than a kitchen filled with the scent of freshly baked bread, and yet less and less bread is prepared at home.
However, the task is much simpler than you would think, and the result is surprising and delicious.
Below, we’ll share some tips to prepare simple homemade sweet bread recipes that everyone will love.
Homemade sweet bread with chocolate chips
- A pinch of salt
- 3 medium-sized eggs (180 g)
- 3 tablespoons of sugar (30 g)
- Chocolate chips (to taste)
- 1/2 stick of butter (50 g)
- 2 cups of milk (200 mL)
- 2 cups of flour (500 g)
- 1 ½ tablespoons of fresh yeast (15 g)
- Dissolve the fresh yeast in the flour, using the tips of your fingers.
- Add the butter, which should be at room temperature, and also mix with your fingers.
- Add the sugar, salt, eggs and warm milk.
- Work the dough with your hands until it’s elastic and no longer sticks on your fingers.
- Add the chocolate chips and knead a little more, just until they’re mixed in.
- Form it into a ball, put it in a deep bowl and cover it with a dish towel. Let the dough sit for approximately 40 minutes in a warm environment away from any drafts.
- Once this time has elapsed, divide the dough into small portions and form them into the desired shape: small balls or small elongated buns.
- Put in a oven preheated at 180º C for approximately 20 minutes.
Homemade braided sweet bread
This is perhaps the most classic sweet bread. It is ideal for eating warm, fresh from the oven, with a cup of coffee or hot chocolate.
- 1/2 kg of flour
- A pinch of salt
- 2 medium-sized eggs (180 g)
- 7 tablespoons of butter (70 g)
- A few drops of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of warm milk (200 mL)
- 3 tablespoons of fresh yeast (30 g)
- 5 tablespoons of brown sugar or honey (50 g)
- First, you must ferment the yeast. To do this, put the previously warmed milk, sugar and yeast in a deep bowl. Let it sit for five minutes.
- Place the previously sifted flour on the work table, forming a kind of volcano. Put the butter, one egg, the salt and the vanilla extract in the center.
- Add the yeast and knead everything well until it forms a smooth dough.
- When the dough begins to peel off youre hands, knead it against the table until it’s soft and elastic.
- Let it stand covered with a dish towel until it doubles in volume (approximately 45 minutes).
- Divide the dough into three equal parts and roll them into bands. Braid them as if you were braiding hair.
- Beat the other egg and use it to paint the braid with the help of a pastry brush.
- Place the braided dough in a tray greased with butter or on parchment paper.
- Bake at 200º C for 20 to 25 minutes in a preheated oven.
Homemade sweet Christmas bread
- A pinch of salt
- Nuts and almonds (to taste)
- 3 medium-sized eggs (240 g)
- 8 tablespoons of butter (80 g)
- 30 grams of fresh yeast
- 7 tablespoons of brown sugar or honey (70 g)
- Grated orange and lemon (10 g)
- 2 cups of flour and 3 tablespoons for leavening (530 g approximately)
- 1 cup of warm milk and 2 tablespoons for leavening (120 mL approximately)
- Raisins soaked in cognac, brandy, rum or other liquor (as preferred)
- Mix the warm milk, the yeast, three tablespoons of flour, and a spoonful of sugar in a deep bowl. Cover it and let it double in volume (for approximately 15 minutes).
- In another bowl, pour in the flour, the remaining sugar, and the lemon and orange zest. Form a well in the center and add the salt, the butter, two eggs, the warm milk and the pre-fermented dough. Mix by hand and knead on the counter until the dough is soft and elastic.
- Divide in two parts, cover it and let sit until the dough doubles in size.
- Place the dough on the counter and stretch with a rolling pin, forming two rectangles. Fill with raisins, almonds and walnuts. Roll up the dough and knead it again until the ingredients are integrated.
- Cover it and let it stand again until the portions double in volume (approximately 1 hour).
- Paint over the tops with a beaten egg and bake for 40 minutes at 180º C (in preheated oven).