Try These Healthy Weekly Weight Loss Menus
It is very important for our weekly menus to be varied and include foods from all food groups so that we don't get bored nor cause any nutritional deficiencies.
One of the most common worries when it comes to following a specific diet is how to prepare varied weight loss menus that respect the guidelines of the diet. To help you, we’re going to show you some examples of weekly weight loss diets that combine the most recommended foods in varied, interesting dishes.
Key aspects of weekly weight loss menus
When we decide to follow a weekly plan with the clear objective of losing weight, it’s important to follow a tasty and varied diet. Prioritizing the consumption of fresh foods over processed foods will improve health in the medium and long term, according to an article published in the journal Progress in Cardiovascularv Diseases.
Combining different dishes that respect your diet will help your avoid being tempted by less healthy foods, as you won’t get tired of always eating the same thing.
Some of the basic requirements to maintain a healthy and balanced weekly diet:
- Variety: This will help you to not get bored of your diet and end up abandoning it. It will be much easier to stick to your diet over time if your menu includes a range of food groups and varied, interesting dishes.
- Moderation: Another key element is to eat a bit of everything, in moderation. You should reduce excessive food consumption and limit yourself to the recommended quantities to maintain the energetic balance of your calorie intake.
- Frequency: If you want to maintain a balanced diet, you should also increase the frequency of your meals. This is especially important because the quantities of each meal should be smaller.
- Hydration: The last key factor is to stay hydrated. This will help you control your appetite, prevent liquid retention and maintain a good base metabolism.
Read also: 8 Signs You’re Not Drinking Enough Water
Recommended weight loss diet
If you want to follow a diet to reduce the level of fat in your body, it’s important to dedicate a bit more time to making your shopping list. You’ll have to ditch the less healthy and very calorific items.
The most recommended items include:
- Fruit, vegetables and greens
- Fish, meat and eggs
- Nuts and legumes
- Dairy products
The fruit and vegetables, along with the nuts and legumes, will provide a good quantity of essential nutrients, like vitamins, mineral salts and a boost of energy.
In addition, these foods are rich in antioxidants, which allow the correct functioning of the physiological reactions of the human body. Moreover, their consumption in adequate doses is linked to a lower risk of diseases in the medium term, according to a study published in 2015.
At the same time, the consumption of dairy or meat is also recommended. In this sense, the bed idea would be to resort to products such as chicken breasts, salmon, turkey, veal, or tilapia.
It’s essential to remember that consuming meat is not the same as consuming processed meat products. The latter contain additives in their composition that could be harmful.
As for foods that are best avoided, it is worth mentioning refined flours, ultra-processed foods, cured meats, and junk food in general. These, like sugary drinks, are an obstacle to weight loss.
In fact, when taken on a regular basis, they can be a direct cause of problems such as overweight and obesity. Therefore, we should always look for healthy ways to replace them.
You might be interested in: The Benefits of Eating Salmon and a Great Recipe
Examples of recommended weight loss menus
To help you prepare weekly weight loss diets, here are some ideas for creating varied and balanced dishes:
- The most recommended option when following a low fat diet is to base your breakfast on a low-fat dairy product, like a yogurt or a glass of milk, which you can mix with muesli, granola or low-sugar cereals.
- It’s also advisable to eat a piece of fruit, like an apple or pear. Their high fiber content will help satisfy your appetite and, therefore, reduce your calorie intake.
- Finally, an infusion or tea will help you to wake up in the morning. You’ll also benefit from their appetite-reducing effects.
- It’s important to eat something mid-morning to avoid reaching lunchtime very hungry and craving food, which makes us overeat.
- So, the best thing to eat is a piece of fruit, a cereal bar or a piece of toast with mild cheese.
- You can also prepare a small sandwich with chicken or turkey, or a few slices of tomato and olive oil. These snacks will give you energy and help you control your appetite during the morning.
At lunchtime, you can get more creative and make dishes that combine meat, fish, vegetables, and legumes.
The desert could be based on fruit or a low-fat dairy product, or simply tea.
- Like breakfast, you could base your mid-afternoon snack on a low-fat dairy product.
- You could also have a small sandwich, like mid-morning, or nuts.
By having a mid-afternoon snack, you can control your appetite over the afternoon and so not eat too much at dinner. For this meal, you could include soups and vegetable purees, accompanied by a chicken fillet, turkey, or white or oily fish.
Improve your diet to lose weight
By following these weekly weight loss diets, accompanied by regular physical activity, you’ll successfully achieve results in a short time and permanently.
Remember the need to include foods from all food groups in your diet. Restrictions often cause nutrient deficits that have a negative impact on health.