Try These Healthy Weekly Weight Loss Menus
It is very important for our weekly menus to be varied and include foods from all food groups so that we don't get bored nor cause any nutritional deficiencies.
One of the most common worries when it comes to following a specific diet is how to prepare varied weight loss menus that respect the guidelines of the diet.
To help you, we’re going to show you some examples of weekly weight loss diets that combine the most recommended foods in varied, interesting dishes.
Key aspects of weekly weight loss menus
When we decide to follow a weekly plan with the clear objective of losing weight, it’s important to follow a tasty and varied diet. Combining different dishes that respect the diet will help us to not feel tempted by other less healthy foods and to not get bored of always eating the same things.
Some of the basic requirements for following a balanced and healthy weekly diet include:
- Variety: This will help you to not get bored of your diet and end up abandoning it. It will be much easier to stick to your diet over time if your menu includes a range of food groups and varied, interesting dishes.
- Moderation: Another key element is to eat a bit of everything, in moderation. You should reduce excessive food consumption and limit yourself to the recommended quantities to maintain the energetic balance of your calorie intake.
- Frequency: If you want to maintain a balanced diet, you should also increase the frequency of your meals. This is especially important because the quantities of each meal should be smaller.
- Hydration: The last key factor is to stay hydrated. This will help you control your appetite, prevent liquid retention and maintain a good base metabolism.
Recommended weight loss diet
If you want to follow a diet to reduce the level of fat in your body, it’s important to dedicate a bit more time to making your shopping list. You’ll have to ditch the less healthy and very calorific items.
The most recommended items include:
- Fruit, vegetables and greens
- Fish, meat and eggs
- Nuts and legumes
- Dairy products
The fruit and vegetables, along with the nuts and legumes, will provide a good quantity of essential nutrients, like vitamins, mineral salts and a boost of energy.
On the other hand, consuming dairy products and meat is also recommended, but you should try to choose options that are low in fat.
So, the best options are products like chicken, salmon, turkey, veal or cod. On the other hand, it’s best to only buy low-fat dairy products, like skimmed milk.
You might be interested in:
Examples of recommended menus
To help you prepare weekly weight loss diets, here are some ideas for creating varied and balanced dishes:
- The most recommended option when following a low fat diet is to base your breakfast on a low-fat dairy product, like a yogurt or a glass of milk, which you can mix with muesli, granola or low-sugar cereals.
- It’s also advisable to eat a piece of fruit, like an apple or pear. Their high fiber content will help satisfy your appetite.
- Finally, an infusion or tea will help you to wake up in the morning. You’ll also benefit from their appetite-reducing effects.
- It’s important to eat something mid-morning to avoid reaching lunchtime very hungry and craving food, which makes us overeat.
- So, the best thing to eat is a piece of fruit, a cereal bar or a piece of toast with mild cheese and honey.
- You can also prepare a small sandwich with chicken or turkey, or a few slices of tomato and olive oil. These snacks will give you energy and help you control your appetite during the morning.
At lunchtime, you can get more creative and make dishes that combine meat, fish, vegetables and legumes.
The desert could be based on fruit or a low-fat dairy product, or simply tea.
- Like breakfast, you could base your mid-afternoon snack on a low-fat dairy product.
- You could also have a small sandwich, like mid-morning, or nuts.
By having a mid-afternoon snack, you can control your appetite over the afternoon and so not eat too much at dinner. For this meal, you could include soups and vegetable purees, accompanied by a chicken fillet, turkey or white or oily fish.
By following these weekly weight loss diets, you’ll successfully achieve quick and lasting healthy results.