Try These Dessert Recipes That are Low in Calories
There seems to be a lot of misinformation about the contents of sweets and desserts. Most desserts are associated with the gaining or losing of weight. Actually, however, this isn’t necessarily true. In this article, we’ll take a look at three dessert recipes that are low in calories.
Today we offer you several low-calorie dessert recipes that use elements such as chocolate, vanilla or ice cream. These foods, in theory, are seen by most people as foods to avoid.
This is because there are many exaggerations about the calorie content of sweets or desserts, most often associated with weight gain or poor nutrition. But it doesn’t always have to be true, and today you’ll find out with these low-calorie desserts.
Low-Calorie dessert recipes
Never forget that everything we eat contains calories to a greater or lesser extent. One of the keys to avoiding over-consumption is to control how we combine all foods. Keep in mind that even if the food is low in calories, it does not mean that it is healthier.
Now, low-calorie is also not synonymous with overeating. While some preparations contain nutritious ingredients, taking them in exaggerated amounts can lead to weight gain. So be sure to moderate your portions.
Low-Calorie chocolate mousse
This delicious low-calorie dessert takes advantage of the antioxidant properties of chocolate. Through this study conducted by the University of Florence (Italy), we discovered that dark chocolate is a functional food that can promote health. Of course, we must consider that, in this case, we alter its properties by combining it with other elements.
• 4 eggs
• 3 tablespoons of stevia
• 2 and 1/2 cups of dark chocolate
• 3 tablespoons of skim milk
• 1/2 cup of natural vanilla
• In a large bowl, melt the chocolate in a double boiler.
• Once this process is ready, add the milk, the stevia, and mix together, making sure that it’s well blended.
• Separate the whites from the yolks of the eggs and beat only the yolks.
• Add the first mixture to the chocolate and mix well until smooth.
• Add the egg white and the vanilla to the mix and stir well.
• Finally, place in bowls and refrigerate for 2 hours.
See this article: How to Prepare a Lemon and Chocolate Cake
Low-Calorie vanilla ice cream
Ice cream is usually high in fat and calories. However, there are some recipes that allow you to prepare them in a healthier way with less calories. In this case, we can use almond milk and vanilla essence as the protagonists.
As a substitute for cow’s milk, almond milk contains healthy fats and important minerals. According to a publication in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry by Tufts University in the United States, almonds provide monounsaturated fats, fiber, α-tocopherol, minerals such as magnesium and copper, and phytonutrients.
• 6 egg yolks
• 2 and 1/2 cups of almond milk
• 1 tablespoon of vanilla
• 4 tablespoons of stevia sweetener
• Slowly heat the almond milk and the vanilla.
• At the same time, beat the yolks together with the stevia. Mix well.
• To thicken and flavor, add a small amount of almond milk to the mix of yolks.
• Cook the mix on low heat for 5 minutes.
• When almost finished, heat a small amount. When almost at the point of boiling, remove from the heat and allow to sit until it reaches room temperature.
• Use an ice cream maker if you have one. If not, place the mixture in the refrigerator and get the same delicious results.
Do you want to know more? Read: Now There’s Ice Cream That Doesn’t Melt
Low-Calorie oatmeal fruit cake
After buying the ingredients for this low calorie dessert to the preparation, it will seem so easy. As a result, you’ll probably end up making this more often than you think.
• 2 eggs
• 7 slices of white bread
• 2 and 1/2 cups of white cheese
• 1 cup of fig jam
• 1 tablespoon of vanilla
• 2 cups of oatmeal milk
• 1 red apple grated
• 1/2 cup of raisins
• 2 tablespoons of stevia
• Start with the bread. First, make sure that it’s completely crumbled and then soak in the milk.
• Then, mix all ingredients and mix with the breadcrumbs.
• When finished, put the mixture in a large pudding pan and add the fig jam on top.
• Finally, cook in a double boiler for about 1 hour on medium heat.
• Once ready, turn off the heat and put it in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
• Serve and enjoy this delicious dessert that is a low-calorie option.
As you can see, you can enjoy delicious and low-calorie desserts in a healthy way. The most important thing is that you don’t exaggerate the amount you consume and, above all, that you only take them occasionally.It might interest you...