Try These Delicious Potatoes Stuffed with Chorizo and Cheese
This recipe for potatoes stuffed with chorizo and cheese is simple and easy to modify depending on what you like.
Maybe this article should start with a thoughtful rhetorical question: who wouldn’t love potatoes stuffed with chorizo and cheese? They smell and taste incredible.
You won’t be able to sit still as the aroma of cheese and chorizo impregnates the room. If there’s one thing we know for certain it’s that it will definitely wake up your stomach. So listen to your stomach and follow the steps below to make potatoes stuffed with chorizo and cheese.
The good thing is that if you’re not someone who likes to cook much or be in a hot kitchen for long, don’t worry because this recipe isn’t just delicious; it’s also extremely easy to make. You’ll be eating in 20 to 30 minutes.
In this small fraction of your day you’ll learn how to make one of the best potato recipes out there. Potatoes are so versatile that it’s good to have ideas like this to pull out at a moment’s notice.
You may also be interested in this article:
Potatoes stuffed with chorizo and cheese is a very highly recommended way to pull together a well-rounded meal with the right amount of calories, carbs, and energy — all with food you already have in the house and without doing much work.
Plus, like all of the best recipes, this one allows you to use your own creativity. Make little changes and add or take out ingredients as you desire. No matter what it will be scrumptious. So, continue reading to find out how to make it!
How to make potatoes stuffed with chorizo and cheese
Classic potatoes stuffed with chorizo and cheese
Here is a basic recipe for you to start from and add or change as you so desire. When you take your first bite, you’ll see that it’s more than worth the effort.
- 8 large potatoes (1 kilo)
- 4 pieces of chorizo (450 g)
- 1 tablespoon of black pepper (15 g)
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of oregano (15 g)
- 1 tablespoon of salt (15 g)
- 1/2 cup of cream cheese (100 g)
- 1 cup of sweet cream (200 g)
- 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese (100 g)
- 2 scallions, minced
- Start by washing the potatoes well. Remove all dirt as well as you can. Remember that potatoes are root vegetables, so this step is very important.
- Then fill a medium-sized pot with water and a bit of salt, and add the unpeeled potatoes. Cook on medium heat until they’re soft.
- Meanwhile, chop the chorizo into small pieces. Add some oil to a pan, and once hot, fry the chorizo.
- For flavor, add garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper to the chorizo.
- Then add the sweet cream and cream cheese to the pan with the chorizo. Remember, this will be your filling, so make sure it’s nice and flavorful. Adjust the amounts of seasoning as you like.
- By now the potatoes should be soft and ready. Remove them from the water and let cool a bit. Then remove the skin (it should slide right off).
- Now make a small hole in the center of each potato and use a small spoon to empty out the middle.
- All that’s left is to fill each potato with the chorizo and cheese mixture.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and bake for 5 minutes or until melted.