Try These Delicious Meatballs Filled with Cheese and Ripe Bananas
Bananas and cheese make a delicious combination for salad and dessert dishes. There are many recipes and ideas that can be made, like these meatballs stuffed with bananas and cheese.
Ripe bananas and cheese make a very common combination in Caribbean Cuisine. It’s precisely the mixture of sweet and salty flavors that make it perfect. You can make various recipes with this great duo.
Thanks to their indisputable sweet flavor, ripe bananas go well with almost all types of cheese. In general, fresh cheeses are the usual in Caribbean cuisine if the bananas are baked. A very common option is mozzarella, goat cheese, or cottage cheese. Gouda, provolone and Parmesan are a good contrast with bananas, as well.
In this article, we’ll take a look at a great recipe with these two ingredients.
Meatballs Stuffed with Ripe Bananas and Cheese
This recipe takes 30 minutes. The result is a delicious morsel that can be a side dish or an addition to a main dish.
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 glass of cold milk
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- a half pound of cheddar cheese cut into small cubes.
- Salt to taste
- In a pan, heat half the water and bring to a boil. Add the bananas after slicing them. Cook for a few minutes.
- Drain and mash until it forms a paste. Add the butter and the milk to make a puree. Stir until the ingredients are well mixed.
- Set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with a pinch of salt. In another bowl, sift the flour and mix with a pinch of salt.
- With your hands, form round balls with the bananas. Make a space in the center to put in a piece of cheese. Wrap with the puree to close the opening.
- Dip the balls of banana in the beaten eggs and then the flour.
- Heat a skillet with enough oil to fry the balls on medium heat until golden brown.
- Take out and serve as you like.
Meatballs Filled with Edam Cheese
- 1 lb. of chopped meat
- The yolk of one egg
- 1/4 cup of bread crumbs
- 1/2 white onion finely chopped
- 1/2 pepper finely chopped
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1/4 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 lb. of Edam cheese cubed
- Oil ( enough to fry)
- Put all ingredients except the cheese in a food processor. Or, you can mix it by hand until to have a uniform mixture.
- Using a spoon, make the shape of meatballs.
- Make a space in the center of each meatball to place the cheese in. Close.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet and fry the meatballs until golden brown. Lower the heat, cover and allow to cook for 5 more minutes.
- Serve alone or with a sauce.
Meatballs Filled with Banana and Goat Cheese
The versatility of this recipe allows it to accompany a fish or meat dish. It can also be an excellent dessert. This recipe will generously serve six people. It can also be kept in the refrigerator before cooking.
- 3 or 4 ripe bananas cut into slices
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 2 sticks of cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons of corn starch
- 1/4 lb. of fresh goat cheese
- 1/2 cup of honey
- Peel and sauté the banana slices in the butter. This is to soften then slowly. Then, mash them with a fork.
- Add the corn starch, the honey and the cinnamon. Mash until you obtain a consistent dough by adding all of the ingredients.
- Make little balls that are half the size of the palm of your hand.
- With your finger, make a whole in the center of each ball and insert a bit of the cheese.
- Heat the skillet with plenty of oil and fry the little balls until golden brown. Take out of the oil and put on a paper towel to soak up the excess oil
- When serving, add a little bit of honey over the meatballs if you like.