Blackheads are an aesthetic skin problem. Unfortunately, it’s difficult to eliminate blackheads once and for all. Nevertheless, you can use an exfoliate religiously to remove impurities and prevent blackheads.
Find out about these 7 natural homemade exfoliates to eliminate blackheads and get a clean and smooth complexion.
What are blackheads?
Blackheads are a consequence of clogged pores due to oxidation of the cells.
The production of sebum and melanin, especially on the nose and chin, blocks open pores. This impedes the clearing of the sebaceous gland. As a result, it gets dirty and then acquires the black color.
There are many factors that promote the appearance of blackheads. Among these we find:
- Environmental contamination
- Makeup and other cosmetics
- Excess oil
- Poor cleaning of the complexion
- A diet rich in harmful fats
7 Natural Homemade Exfoliates
In this article, we’ll suggest 7 natural exfoliates that you can find at home. With them, you’ll be able to maintain clean skin.
Sea salt is an exfoliate that’s easy to obtain. It’s cheap and very effective. Besides the rough texture of the salt, its components facilitate a deep cleaning of the skin. Also, it provides a good amount of mineral antiseptic qualities.
• A sea salt exfoliate is the best solution for oily skin, part oily and part dry skin, as well as acne. However, we don’t recommend it for more sensitive skin or skin that is too dry or mature.
Sugar is an option that’s a little more gentle than sea salt. It can be used on all types of skin. If you have very delicate skin, we recommend combining sugar with oil, such as coconut, almond, olive, etc.
- By using the exfoliate with oil, you clean out the blackheads. At the same time, your skin gets a deep cleaning.
3. Coffee grounds
Do you drink coffee every morning? If so, maybe you throw out the grounds. However, they can be used for many things, such as cleaning the sink or adding to the soil of plants.
In addition, we have a new use for you: a skin exfoliate to eliminate blackheads.
- The roughness of coffee grounds is perfect for your skin. This is because they clean the skin deeply, but don’t irritate it.
- Thanks to the caffeine content, grounds are also beneficial for people who have a tired or swollen face.
4. Baking soda
Another great product that we often have at home is baking soda, or sodium bicarbonate. Fortunately, it has many cosmetic as well as health uses.
Its rough texture and its great alkaline power makes it a perfect exfoliate to combat unsightly blackheads.
- We recommend using it only once a week.
- To boost its effects, you can add a drop of apple cider vinegar. This will balance your pH and increase the benefits to the skin.
Oatmeal is the best exfoliate to eliminate blackheads when your skin is sensitive and delicate.
Thanks to its mucilage content, this cereal creates a protective and hydrating coating over the skin that protects from any outside agent.
In addition, oatmeal isn’t too abrasive, so you avoid irritation or causing your skin to become red.
- In order to use it as an exfoliate, you have to grind it and mix it with water. Make a paste.
- Besides cleaning the skin, you can also leave it on for 15 minutes as a mask.
These last two natural exfoliates don’t work because of their gritty texture, but more for their enzyme content. They clean the skin rapidly and effectively.
Tomatoes are the mildest option for an enzymatic exfoliate.
- Just scrub your face with a slice of tomato, then wait a few minutes to dry it off.
- Afterwards, wash your face with plenty of water.
Pineapple is a powerful alternative to an exfoliate due to its enzymes.
- You can apply it the same way as the tomato.
- You should leave it on your face for no more than 5 minutes.
The result is very clean, soft, and luminous skin. You shouldn’t worry if we experience a little bit of stinging. In a few minutes, you’ll be able to wash it off your face and see a spectacular result.