5 Natural Lubricants for Your Intimate Zone
Did you know it's possible to use natural lubricants to help with vaginal dryness? Learn more about a few options in this article.
Even though natural lubricants can help you with vaginal dryness, you should also consult a gynecologist. As such, you can find out whether the lack of lubrication is related to a hygiene issue. Discover five natural lubricants you can make at home to help you keep things flowing down there.
Dryness in the intimate area can be due to hormonal changes. In addition, it’s often due to a decrease in estrogen levels.
As a result, the natural pH of your microbial flora changes. The flora is a group of healthy bacteria that protect the area against viral attacks, yeast infections, and bacteria.
When this happens, the delicate skin tends to become irritated and symptoms like vaginal itching, foul odors, and pain during sex occur.
Most troubling is that it can often lead to infection, which tends to affect sexual relations.
As such, it’s crucial to seek treatment. We’ve taken care to choose ingredients with that are suitable to use in this part of your body.
In this article, we’ll share 5 natural options to relieve this problem without having to spend a lot of money.
1.Aloe vera and tea tree oil
Aloe vera gel mixed with a bit of tea tree oil is 100% natural and is ideal for moisturizing and protecting your intimate area.
Its antibacterial and antifungal benefits slow down the growth of infectious microorganisms, which prevents changes in the pH level of your vagina.
- 3 tablespoons of aloe vera
- 5 drops of tea tree oil
- Firstly, put the aloe vera gel in a container. Then, mix in the tea tree oil.
- Rub this on the external areas of your vagina and repeat twice a day if needed.
Also read: Aloe vera masks for every type of skin
2. Chamomile tea
Indeed, using chamomile tea in this area can hinder the loss of fluids that cause itching and irritation.
In addition, this plant has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial qualities. As a result, it can help to relieve the area without changing its natural flora.
- 3 tablespoons of loose chamomile tea
- 2 cups of water
- Firstly, put the tea in the boiling water, cover it, and let it brew for 20 minutes.
- Then, strain the liquid in a colander and drink it.
- Use this infusion to wash the vaginal area 2 or 3 times a day.
- Repeat every day.
The mix of turmeric and milk creates a remedy with antibiotic and lubricating properties. In addition, they’re ideal for protecting the area against infections.
Also, its compounds help to calm inflammation and help you to produce more natural fluids.
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric
- 6 tablespoons of milk
- Mix the ingredients in a container until it becomes a paste.
- Firstly, rub the paste over the external area of the vagina leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Then, rinse and repeat; use at least 3 times a week.
See this article: 8 benefits of turmeric that you will want to know
4. Fenugreek seed tea
The seeds of fenugreek contain fatty acids and antioxidants. As such, they promote natural moisture in the vaginal area.
What’s more, this tea can help stimulate the activity of healthy bacteria and prevent infections.
- 1 tablespoon of fenugreek seeds
- 1 cup of water
- Firstly, put the fenugreek seeds in a pan of boiling water and allow to boil for 5 minutes.
- Then, let them sit until the water cools down enough so you can use it.
- Firstly, wash the external areas of the vagina with the tea.
- Use every day to reestablish the pH.
5. Marigold infusion
Marigolds contain anti-inflammatory and antiseptic qualities that help to prevent vaginal infections.
Further, you can use its infusion as a lubricant. When applied, it stimulates the production of healthy fluids, regulating the pH.
- 4 tablespoons of marigold
- 2 cups of water
- Firstly, bring the water to a boil. Then, remove from heat and add the marigold.
- Finally, let the infusion brew for 2 hours or put in the refrigerator to cool.
- Add some to a sitz bath or apply while bathing.
- You can use this mixture daily.
In closing, do you experience vaginal dryness and irritation? If you’re having problems producing natural fluids, try these natural lubricants to help fight the symptoms.
Lastly, for the best results, make sure to use these natural lubricants and drink plenty of water and eat healthy foods.