For many years people thought that eggs were harmful to our health because of their cholesterol content, so they weren’t used in many diets or even as egg masks.
However, this was a myth. Today, they are considered to be one of the most complete foods for all types of diets.
Eggs stand out as being an important source of protein of high biological value. In addition, they benefit the muscles, the joints and a great variety of vital processes.
They also contain a great quantity of vitamins, minerals and fatty acids that, among other things, strengthen the immune system and increase energy levels.
What many people can’t imagine is that beyond their nutritional value, they also are beneficial for the care of the skin.
Their compounds help to maintain firm skin and in addition, correct imperfections like acne, and the excessive production of oil.
Are you ready to try them? Learn about these 5 masks.
1.Masks to tone the skin
An anti-aging mask
The amino acids that eggs contain deeply nourish the complexion. This prevents flabbiness and signs of premature aging.
These nutrients, besides the antioxidants, tone the tissues and help to maintain a smooth complexion.
• 1 egg white
• 2 tablespoons of organic yogurt
• Beat the egg white and mix with the yogurt.
• First, clean face with soap and water, dry well, apply the mask.
• Let sit for 30 minutes and then rinse with cold water.
• Repeat at least 3 times per week.
A anti-wrinkle mask
The amazing vitamins and minerals that eggs contain contribute to protect the delicate skin around the eyes. This avoids the appearance of “crow’s feet.”
Their light anti-inflammatory effect decreases the look of bags under the eyes and helps give a youthful appearance.
• 1 egg
• 1 tablespoon of avocado oil
• Beat the egg and combine it with a tablespoon of avocado oil.
• Take off makeup and apply the mask with a brush.
• Let dry for 20 to 30 minutes and then rinse.
• Use at least twice a week.
3. A mask for oily skin
Applying egg white to the face solves the problem of the excess production of oil that makes the face appear shiny.
Its properties regulate the Ph of your skin and leave a pleasant sensation of freshness for several hours.
• 1 egg white
• 2 Tablespoons of oat flour
• Beat the egg white and mix with the oat flour
• After obtaining a thick paste, apply to the face
• Spread the mask across the face, focusing on the oiliest areas.
• Let sit for 20 minutes and rinse.
• Apply 2 or 3 times a week, according to your needs.
4. Mask for blackheads
The sticky texture of the egg whites is very useful to remove residues and dead cells that clog the pores.
In this case we strengthen the effects with a little slice of an orange and coconut milk to leave your skin with a fresh look.
• 1 egg white
• 1 tablespoon of pieces of an orange
• 2 tablespoons of coconut milk
• Mix the egg white with the orange pieces and coconut milk.
• Stir all ingredients until you have a paste.
• Apply the mask to a clean face, being sure to cover all of the areas that have blackheads.
• Let sit for 20 to 30 minutes and before rinsing, make circular movements to facilitate exfoliation.
• Remove the excess with warm water.
• Use twice a week.
5. Hydrating mask
Because of their oils and proteins, you can take advantage of eggs for dry and sensitive skin. Their nutrients hydrate the tissues and help to counteract the effects of the sun and toxins.
• 1 egg
• 1/2 ripe banana
• 2 tablespoons of honey
• Mix he egg with 1/2 ripe banana.
• Add the honey and stir to a cream paste.
• Rub the mask on all of the areas you would like to hydrate and allow to sit for 30 minutes.
• Rinse with cold water and repeat this 2 to 3 times a week.
Did you know the cosmetic uses of eggs? Now you know how to include these in your beauty routine. Don’t hesitate to use them as an alternative to conventional treatments.