Try These 4 Delicious and Healthy Detox Smoothies
To make these detox smoothies truly effective it's important not to add sugar or other sweeteners. To enhance the flavour try honey or stevia.
Here are some different healthy food combinations in 4 detox smoothies. These will help you eliminate toxins, fight fluid retention, and regulate intestinal function.
Also, these smoothies are delicious and you can enjoy them during any time of the day. Try them out!
Sugarless Detox Smoothie
The ingredients for these detox smoothies are fruits, nuts, seeds, vegetables and cereals. Even though they’re well-known for their medicinal properties, they also stand out for their great taste.
Feel free to sweeten them with some healthy ingredients like honey, stevia, or coconut sugar. You can also give them a little pizzazz with vanilla, canela, or cocoa.
White sugar doesn’t just acidify the body and damage your health in general. It also creates a dependence which makes us crave even sweeter flavors.
We recommend finding a natural source of sweetness (banana, pear, pineapple, etc.) and always consume healthy sweeteners.
1. Strawberries and coconut
This smoothie reminds us of the fancy combination of strawberries and cream, but without needing to add fat, sugar, or dairy. It’s a really appetizing detox smoothie. Give it a taste!
Strawberries are delicious, attractive, and provide many nutrients. They make us feel full and stand out for being low in calories.
- This makes them ideal for losing weight without abstaining from food. Likewise it adds taste and color to any smoothie.
- Strawberries also contain diuretic properties and a lot of fiber which is good for intestinal function.
Coconuts are tropical fruits which are high in protein, fiber, and fats. Their fatty acids are very good for the body and help you lose weight and slim down by accelerating the metabolism.
- This fruit also regulates the blood sugar, improves digestion and nutrient absorption.
2. Pear and celery
This is one of the most diuretic detox smoothies. It helps eliminate toxins through urine and fights swelling and fluid retention.
Pears satisfy our sweet cravings, it keeps us refreshed and adds a great flavor to a smoothie.
- They’re very rich in silicon, which is very good for the skin, hair, and joints.
- It also helps fight cellulitis and improves digestion.
Celery complements pears perfectly. It has a great detoxifying power which acts on the kidneys and liver to improve the elimination of toxins. It’s recommended for weight-loss diets, due to being low in calories and it boosts diuresis.
3. Papaya and chia
This creamy smoothie is ideal for detoxifying your body, regulating digestion, and improving intestinal evacuation in a smooth but effective manner.
Papayas are a tropical fruit rich in enzymes which boost digestion, soothe swelling, and regulate bowel movement.
- Due to its beta-carotene content, it’s a great natural anti-oxidant.
- It’s seeds also have the ability to fight intestinal parasites.
- Chia seeds, which always should soak overnight, have the power to regulate bowel movements.
- They also reduce cholesterol and blood sugar levels, and make you feel full.
4. Apple and oats
This smoothie is nutritious and energizing. It helps digestion and intestinal evacuation.
Apples are really healthy and contain detoxifying, digestive, and antioxidant properties.
- They help lower cholesterol levels, prevent hemorrhoids, and reduce the risk of respiratory problems.
- Organic apple skin can be eaten, especially because it’s high in fiber.
Oats are an excellent cereal for smoothies because they contain a lot of protein, carbohydrates, and fiber.
They’re able to provide energy while stabilizing our nervous system. This makes them great for treating nervousness, stress, anxiety, or depression.