Try These 4 Homemade Remedies to Breathe Better and Strengthen Your Lungs
If we are smokers or if we live with one, fortifying our lungs allows us to breathe better and to prevent various complications.
Have you heard of these natural remedies to breathe better?
Lungs, like your heart, are indispensable organs in your body. They are the organs that participate in the breathing process completely.
Throughout life, different factors intervene in the quality of breathing, whether it be outside contaminants or bad habits such as smoking.
In order to have healthy lungs, there are various homemade remedies that strengthen the lungs and improve breathing.
Improve their functions with the best natural remedies. Don’t just think about them when you have a common viral infection.
What happens when you strengthen your lungs?
When you strengthen your lungs, you improve many things, such as:
- Your quality of breathing
- The dilation of the bronchial tubes
- Recuperation from physical activity
- Risk factors for viral infections go down.
- Less absorption of toxic substances from environmental contamination.
4 Natural remedies to strengthen your lungs and improve breathing
Eucalyptus is one of the most used plants to strengthen the organs for breathing. This is due to its high amount of menthol.
This allows for the maximum opening of the bronchial tubes and is an excellent way to get air.
• 2 tablespoons of eucalyptus leaves
• 8 cups of water at the boiling point
• Bring the water to a boil and add the leaves.
• Cover the pan to concentrate the essence of the leaves in the water.
• While the pan is still on the heat, put your face over it. Be careful not to burn yourself.
• Breathe in the menthol vapor of the leaves for 10 minutes.
• Within no time, you will feel better and be able to breathe better.
• Repeat this process each day that you have trouble breathing, whether it be for asthma or any sinus condition.
We recommend: The Goodness of Eucalyptus for Our Health
For those looking to have high-capacity lungs, using chestnuts as a remedy is an option that gives very good results and should not be ignored.
• 1 teaspoon of chestnuts
• 1 cup of boiling water
• Add the chestnuts to a cup of boiling water.
• Let it sit in the bottom of the cup and then strain.
• Drink this 2 or 3 times per week when there is a change in breathing, such as asthma, coughing, or bronchitis.
3. Licorice root
This home remedy is one of the most effective when one is trying to soothe the irritation of the respiratory system.
• 1 slice of licorice root
• 1 cup of water
• Heat the water, and when it comes to a boil, add the licorice root and allow it to sit for 5 minutes.
• Strain it and, after a few minutes, drink it.
• This is a remedy contraindicated for people with hypertension. It can actually make the condition worse.
4. Bay Leaves
In people with asthma or those who lives with smokers, the passive lesions generated by the smoke can show their ugly head at any time.
When this is the case, bay leaves end up being the optimum remedy that helps to fortify the lungs and improve breathing. In addition, it purifies your lungs little by little.
• 1 cup of water
• 2 bay leaves
• 1 tablespoon of honeysuckle
• Heat water to boiling. Add the bay leaves and the honeysuckle and allow them to stay on low heat for 5 minutes.
• After the time indicated, remove from the heat, cover and let it steep for 10 more minutes. Allow it to cool to a tolerable temperature and consume.
• If you live with smokers, drink one cup a day, three times a week. This way, your lungs will recuperate and stay completely healthy.
With each one of these natural remedies, you will be able to strengthen your lungs. Also, you’ll be able to have better respiratory quality no matter what the current condition of your lungs.
At the same time, it’s an excellent way to reduce the risks that accompany different pulmonary ailments in the comfort of your own home.
Use this advice and take care of your body!