Treatments to Eliminate Stretch Marks
If you want to eliminate stretch marks, it's important that you stay hydrated both inside and outside to give your skin elasticity and avoid breakage of fibers.
If you want to eliminate stretch marks, it’s important that you stay hydrated both inside and outside to give your skin elasticity and to avoid breakage of fibers.
Stretch marks are often very difficult to eliminate. Although it’s true that they never completely disappear, you can help them appear less noticeable. We’ll show you some tricks and treatments to eliminate stretch marks.
These marks tend to appear most frequently during pregnancy as well as during sudden weight loss after having gained weight. The buttocks, legs, arms, and abdomen are the areas of the body that are most affected.
Some treatments to eliminate stretch marks
We all know that the best way to avoid stretch marks is to lead a healthy lifestyle and to have a skin hydration routine. However, once you already have them, there are some tricks that you can use to eliminate stretch marks.
Read this article: 9 Foods for Skin Care
- One of the best treatments to reduce stretch marks is daily exfoliation. To do that, you can use a sponge that’s made for skin exfoliation. That way, you can eliminate any dead skin, naturally renew your skin, and improve the appearance of stretch marks.
- When you shower, try alternating cold and hot water to improve circulation, especially in the legs. In addition, finishing your shower with cold water helps keep the skin elastic and better preserves its moisture.
- Drinking two liters of water a day keeps the skin hydrated and gives it elasticity—a good way to fight the appearance of stretch marks. You can also keep your skin hydrated by eating foods that are rich in water, such as fruits and vegetables.
- Vitamin E is also a very good ally when it comes to treating stretch marks. You can find this vitamin in spinach and almonds. As for your skin, vitamin E is very helpful because of its antioxidant properties that help protect collagen as well as elasticity. It’s also rejuvenating.
- You can also massage the affected area with olive oil, or with creams that contain one or more of the following ingredients: cocoa butter, rosehip oil, castor oil, shea butter, and vitamins A and C.
How else can you treat them?
There are also other ways to reduce stretch marks. However, these are more invasive medical procedures, such as microdermabrasion. Another option is to use laser therapies, which greatly reduce the appearance of stretch marks.
Additionally, doctors have started using retinoic acid to help with stretch marks, which restructures the skin and reduces the appearance of the marks. This is a less invasive, but highly effective alternative.
However, if you’ve tried all of these options, and your stretch marks are still causing you problems, the best idea is to visit your doctor. Each and every one of these options is really effective.
To get satisfactory results, you should choose the treatment that works best for you and that’s the easiest to carry out. Additionally, you have to remember to be very consistent. Do everything exactly as you should, do it regularly and you’ll get good results.