Treat Varicose Veins with Medicinal Infusions
In addition to drinking these medicinal infusions twice a day, you can also apply them topically by mixing them with vegetable oil for massaging or as a compress.
Varicose veins are not only unsightly, but they’re also a sign that you need to take steps to improve your circulation.
In this article, we’ll show you some infusions made from medicinal plants that are really beneficial to prevent and treat varicose veins, as well as some tips that will help you treat them naturally and effectively.
About varicose veins
Varicose veins are dilated blood vessels and can appear on any part of the body. They most commonly are seen on the legs and face (Couperosis). In some cases, they form internally in which case they remain unseen but can cause pain.
Hemorrhoids are also a form of varicose veins and we can treat them with these medicinal infusions.
This medicinal plant with an intriguing name is one of the best-known remedies for treating and combating varicose veins.
In addition, it also possesses benefits to help relieve hemorrhoids and diarrhea, thanks to its astringent action. Any type of hemorrhaging can be treated topically and orally with this plant.
To make an infusion with witch-hazel:
- Boil the dry herb for three minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Let set for 3 more minutes.
Well-known around the world are the circulatory properties of this plant. This is why many natural treatments to prevent varicose veins include horse-chestnuts.
Its compounds have properties that improve blood vessel function and reduce their size. It’s also used for treating a congested liver and tired legs.
To make an infusion with horse-chestnut:
- Boil the dried plant for three minutes (the bark and nut are both used)
- Let rest for another three minutes.
Cypress is excellent for vasoconstriction that’s been used medicinally for ages. This is when the blood vessels narrow because of contractions in the muscular walls of the vessels.
Its nuts possess highly astringent properties that make it an excellent remedy for blood vessel problems. It also promotes sweating and helps eliminate excess liquids from the body.
The infusion is generally made with the cones or the tender shoots and leaves.
Hazel is known for its delicious nuts. However, what you probably didn’t know, is that its leaves are rich in tannins and flavonoids, two really beneficial compounds for treating and preventing varicose veins.
This infusion is highly recommended as it prevents fluid retention, reduces cholesterol, improves anemia and fights osteoporosis. In addition, it reduces stress and improves the function of the intestines.
Red grapevines are known for their delicious fruits with multiple properties. Most importantly, the leaves tone the veins and treat tired legs. The vine, which is rich in vitamins and tannins, improves capillary resistance and fights venous insufficiency.
To prepare an infusion:
- Boil the dried leaves for 10 minutes.
- Then, let rest for 5 minutes.
Visit this article: 5 Reasons to Eat Red Grapes
Treatment with infusions will be much more effective if accompanied by the following good habits:
- Avoid using hot water while bathing. Instead, use warm or cold water, especially on affected areas.
- In some cases, constipation can negatively affect the veins as it causes congestion in the pelvic zone and worsens circulation. You’ll need to regulate your intestines.
- You can apply these medicinal plants topically as essential oils. You should mix them with vegetable oil as a base (like almond, coconut, sesame, etc.).
- Fighting sedentarism is essential. You should exercise or walk at least a kilometer every day.
- Avoid excessive exposure to the sun.
- Support your legs with a pillow when going to bed.
- Don’t forget to drink a 1½ – 2 liters of water a day, outside of meals and in addition to the infusions.
- Being overweight is another factor that can aggravate varicose veins. You should always eat a balanced diet and reduce your portions progressively so that the stomach adapts and doesn’t need as much food to feel full.