Treat Varicose Veins with Medicinal Infusions
Varicose veins are not only unsightly, they’re a sign that you need to take steps to improve your circulation.
In this article, we’ll show you some infusions made from medicinal plants that are really beneficial to prevent and and treat varicose veins, as well as some tips that will help you treat them naturally, completely, and effectively.
About varicose veins
Varicose veins are dilated blood vessels and can appear on any part of the body. They most commonly occur on the legs and face (cuperosis facial). In some cases, they form internally in which case they remain unseen but can cause pain.
Hemorrhoids are a form of varicose veins and we can treat them with these medicinal infusions.
This medicinal plant with an intriguing name is one of the best known remedies for treating and combating varicose veins.
In addition, it also possesses benefits to help relieve hemorrhoids and diarrhea, thanks to its astringent action. Any type of hemorrhaging can be treated topically and orally with this plant.
To make an infusion with witch-hazel, boil the dry herb for three minutes, remove from heat and let rest for 3 more minutes.
The circulatory properties of this plant are well known around the world, which is why it’s included in many natural treatments to prevent varicose veins. Its compounds have properties that improve blood vessel function and reduce their size.
It’s also used for treating a congested liver and tired legs.
To make an infusion with horse-chestnut, boil the dried plant for three minutes (the bark and nut is used) and let rest for another three minutes.
Cypress is an excellent vasco-constrictor that’s been used medicinally for ages. Its nuts possess highly astringent properties that make it an excellent remedy for blood vessel problems.
It also promotes sweating and helps eliminate excess liquids from the body.
The infusion is generally made with the cones or the tender shoots and leaves.
Hazel is known for its delicious nuts. However, its leaves are rich in tannins and flavonoids, two really beneficial compounds for treating and preventing varicose veins.
This infusion is highly recommended as its prevents fluid retention, reduces cholesterol, improves anemia and fights osteoporosis. In addition, it reduces stress and improves the function of the intestines.
Red grapevines are known for their delicious fruits with multiple properties, while their leaves tone the veins and treat tired legs. The vine, which is rich in vitamins and tannins, improves capillary resistance and fights venous insufficiency.
To prepare an infusion, boil the dried leaves for 10 minutes, then let rest for 5.
Visit this article: Foods that Improve Circulation in the Legs
Treatment with infusions will be much more effective if accompanied with the following good habits:
- Avoid using hot water while bathing. Instead, use warm or cold water, especially on affected areas.
- In some cases, constipation can negatively affect the veins as it causes congestion in the pelvic zone and worsens circulation. You’ll need to regulate your intestines.
- These medicinal plants can also be applied topically as essential oils, mixed with a vegetable oil as a base (like almond, coconut, sesame, etc.).
- Fighting sedentarism is essential. You should exercise or walk at least a kilometer every day.
- Avoid excessive exposure to the sun.
- Support your legs with a pillow when going to bed.
- Don’t forget to drink a 1½ – 2 liters of water a day, outside of meals and in addition to the infusions.
- Being overweight is another factor that can aggravate varicose veins. You should always eat a balanced diet and reduce your portions progressively so that the stomach adapts and doesn’t need as much food to feel full.